- Browns interview New England LB coach Brian Flores (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns on Saturday interviewed Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores for the team’s head coach opening. Flores, who has been in New England for the past 11 seasons, is the fifth candidate to interview.
- Why Dan Campbell should be a leading choice for Browns (cleveland.com) - Saints tight ends/assistant head coach Dan Campbell has what it takes to be the Browns’ ninth full-time head coach, and should be a leading contender for the job. The Browns completed their interview with Campbell, 42, on Friday evening, and were likely blown away by the Bill Parcells’ disciple.
- Browns receivers had second-worst drop rate in NFL (Browns Wire) - Catching the ball proved an ongoing problem for the receivers in Cleveland during the 2018 season. The Browns had some of the most unreliable hands in the NFL. Only the Jaguars dropped a higher percentage of passes in 2018, according to NFL Matchup on ESPN.
- USC denies Jets, Cardinals permission to interview Kliff Kingsbury (ESPN) - USC has balked at giving permission to the New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals to interview Trojans offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury, league sources told ESPN.
- Mutual interest between Bruce Arians, Tampa Bay (NFL.com) - At one point, it appeared that former Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians was only open to a return to coaching in Cleveland. Then Arians threw out a line that even though he was interested in the Browns job, if Tampa Bay called, he would listen.
- Colts advance with 21-7 win over Houston (indystar.com) - Next stop: Kansas City. And the top-seeded Chiefs. And the divisional round of the playoffs. This Indianapolis Colts’ miraculous season beats on, for at least another week, after Frank Reich’s red-hot team won its 10th game in 11 weeks, dropping the division rival Texans 21-7 in the Wild Card round in Houston’s NRG Stadium on Saturday.
- Cowboys Allen Hurns suffers gruesome ankle injury (si.com) - Cowboys wide receiver Allen Hurns suffered a gruesome left ankle injury Saturday in the team’s Wild Card game against the Seahawks.