|DL||Oliver Vernon||74||89%||4 tackles (4 combined). 1 FF.|
|DL||Myles Garrett||69||83%||3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined). 2 sacks, 2 TFL, 3 QH.|
|DL||Larry Ogunjobi||69||83%||1 tackle (1 combined). 1 QH.|
|DL||Sheldon Richardson||61||73%||3 tackles (3 combined).|
|DL||Devaroe Lawrence||22||27%||1 tackle (1 combined), a fumble recovery.|
|DL||Chad Thomas||13||16%||No stats registered.|
|DL||Daniel Ekuale||12||14%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
|DL||Chris Smith||12||14%||No stats registered.|
- Myles Garrett had an impact on the game with two sacks and then hitting Russell Wilson on another play. When the Seahawks were backed up on their own one yard line, he also got a fantastic jump, which hurried Wilson to throwing an incompletion, helping lead to the punt and (temporary) go-ahead touchdown.
- According to Pro Football Focus, Olivier Vernon had a standout game, especially against the run. He forced a fumble at the end of the third quarter, the only turnover Cleveland had on defense.
The highest-graded defender in the #Browns loss to SEA was Olivier VernoN, who led all edge defenders this week in overall (92.9) and run defense grade (95.4).— PFF CLE Browns (@PFF_Browns) October 14, 2019
- The playing time distribution has remained consistent for a few weeks among the defensive linemen. Genard Avery continues to be a gameday inactive.
|LB||Joe Schobert||83||100%||5 tackles, 3 assists (8 combined). 1 QH.|
|LB||Mack Wilson||83||100%||3 tackles, 1 assist (4 combined).|
|LB||Adarius Taylor||9||11%||No stats registered.|
- More and more, we’re seeing his pedestrian the Browns’ linebackers look. Whether it’s mobile quarterbacks or stopping the run, the results aren’t very good right now.
|CB||Terrance Mitchell||83||100%||5 tackles, 1 assist (6 combined).|
|CB||T.J. Carrie||83||100%||9 tackles, 1 assist (10 combined). 3 TFL.|
- T.J. Carrie appeared to knock away a pass that would’ve given Cleveland a last-ditch effort to drive, but without a challenge flag left (no timeouts), the play stood as a catch outside of two minutes.
- The expectation is that Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams will both return to action following the bye week.
- From Pro Football Focus:
The Browns’ secondary had a rough game staying with Seattle’s receivers, especially when Russell Wilson was able to extend plays. The linebackers and secondary had a tough time bringing down Chris Carson and limiting his yards after contact, though.
|S||Jermaine Whitehead||83||100%||9 tackles (9 combined).|
|S||Damarious Randall||81||98%||4 tackles, 1 assist (5 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QH.|
|S||Eric Murray||57||69%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
|S||Morgan Burnett||19||23%||1 tackle, 2 assists (3 combined).|
- Damarious Randall had a sack, but still isn’t having the impact I quite expected of him. That isn’t good for his case, as he’s looking for a massive payday. Does Randall look like a player who should get a top-level contact for a safety?
- I guess Morgan Burnett really isn’t a starter any more. He played 23% of the snaps, while Eric Murray was at 69% of the snaps.