- Browns still believe they have what it takes to turn season around (ohio.com) - Damarious Randall shook his head and smiled when a reporter asked him if the Browns going 2-4 through their first six games has made him question what they can still do this season.
- Browns need to prioritize offensive tackle (cleveland.com) - John Dorsey has prioritized rushing the passer, defending the pass, and completing passes, which is all reasonable in the modern NFL. He has tried to get by on the offensive line. That’s catching up with the Browns this season.
- 4 trades that John Dorsey can still make (Browns Wire) - Browns GM John Dorsey got in on the first wave of the NFL trade waters, dealing offensive lineman Austin Corbett to the Los Angeles Rams for a 2021 fifth-round draft pick. There are more waves to surf before the Oct. 29 trade deadline, and if Dorsey wants to grab his board and get gnarly, here are four possible, completely hypothetical deals he can try to hang on the NFL.
- MRI confirms Patrick Mahomes out at least three weeks (NFL.com) - The Kansas City Chiefs received some good news regarding Patrick Mahomes’ knee injury. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network’s James Palmer reported Friday that an MRI confirmed Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap, but not significant additional damage, per sources informed of the situation. Mahomes will seek additional opinions to be sure of the diagnosis.
- Chiefs prepare for life without Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Star) - During the remainder of Patrick Mahomes’ absence, the Kansas City Chiefs will be afforded a luxury they didn’t have Thursday. Time.
- Bengals suspend Cordy Glenn for one game (Bengals Wire) - The Cincinnati Bengals have suspended left tackle Cordy Glenn. After receiving clearance to get back to practice in Week 7, Glenn was the subject of reports pertaining to an impasse between him and the club over the handling of his preseason concussion.
- Saints rule out Alvin Kamara (ESPN) - The New Orleans Saints’ four-game win streak will be put to a serious test Sunday at Chicago. The team has ruled out running back Alvin Kamara and tight end Jared Cook because of injuries.