- Ward, Williams expected to play against Patriots (Browns Wire) - The bye week provided much-needed healing waters for the Cleveland Browns and their starting cornerbacks. Both Denzel Ward and Greedy Williams drank from the bye fountain and have had their balky hamstrings healed.
- Julian Edelman’s shiftiness, physicality could present problems (ohio.com) - There’s one statistic in particular that should concern the Browns as they prepare to take on the New England Patriots at 4:25 p.m. Sunday in Gillette Stadium. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and his favorite target, wide receiver Julian Edelman, are 41-0 when they play together at home against other AFC teams.
- Odell Beckham Jr. vs. Patriots secondary (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns made massive waves in the offseason when they acquired Odell Beckham Jr. via trade. He announced his arrival as a Brown in similar fashion in Week 2 — in New York, naturally — when he took a pass from Baker Mayfield 89 yards for a touchdown. That was Beckham’s biggest play to date in brown and orange. He has a chance to make a massive statement Sunday.
- Fate will match Eric Murray, Tom Brady against each other again Sunday (cleveland.com) - Moments away from the most important football game of his life, outfitted in the red, white and yellow of the Kansas City Chiefs, Eric Murray was shutting out distractions. It was a must, with Tom Brady in the visiting locker room.
- Chiefs rule out Patrick Mahomes for Sunday (NFL.com) - The Kansas City Chiefs won’t dangle the possibility of Patrick Mahomes playing this week any longer. Friday, coach Andy Reid officially declared the quarterback out Sunday versus the Green Bay Packers.
- Matt Ryan questionable to face Seahawks (CBS Sports) - The 1-6 Atlanta Falcons host the 5-2 Seattle Seahawks this Sunday, and they are in danger of not having starting quarterback Matt Ryan. Ryan suffered a right ankle sprain when he was tackled by Aaron Donald during Atlanta’s 37-10 loss to the Los Angeles Rams last Sunday. Many speculated that Ryan suffered a high-ankle sprain, which could be more serious than just a simple sprained ankle, but Falcons head coach Dan Quinn refused to go into detail about the situation.
- Carson Wentz faces a defining moment in Eagles tenure (ESPN) - The Carson Wentz Redemption Tour was not supposed to go like this. The Philadelphia Eagles have struggled to a 3-4 start and are coming off blowout losses to the Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys -- the worst consecutive losses in Philadelphia since 2015 when the wheels were falling off the coach Chip Kelly operation. In the middle of this spell, anonymous quotes critiquing Wentz have resurfaced -- a development that Wentz this week called “concerning.”
- Saints coach Sean Payton declines to say whether Drew Brees will play vs. Arizona (nola.com) - New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton declined on the chance to let the world know whether it would be Drew Brees or Teddy Bridgewater starting at quarterback Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.