|DL||Oliver Vernon||69||100%||6 tackles (6 combined). 1 sack, 2 TFL, 1 QH.|
|DL||Myles Garrett||56||81%||3 tackles, 1 assist (4 combined). 1 sack, 3 TFL, 1 QH.|
|DL||Larry Ogunjobi||54||78%||3 tackles (3 combined).|
|DL||Sheldon Richardson||50||72%||3 tackles (3 combined).|
|DL||Chad Thomas||17||25%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
|DL||Devaroe Lawrence||14||20%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|DL||Daniel Ekuale||13||19%||No stats registered.|
|DL||Genard Avery||3||4%||No stats registered.|
- One of the big pre-game stories was the fact that Genard Avery was active. However, he only played three snaps, and then was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for a 4th round pick in 2021. The value isn’t bad, but I still don’t get what happened between Avery and the coaching staff for him to be ignored this year.
- As for the game itself, Olivier Vernon had his second strong game in a row. He single-handedly ended two drives, one by reading a jet sweep in the first quarter, and the other with a sack of Tom Brady near the end of the third quarter. That was coupled with generating some more pressure throughout the game.
- Myles Garrett drew double teams early, and his helmet kept flying off. Was it hands to the face, or was his chinstrap just loose? Garrett got his normal sack in the fourth quarter off of a spin move on Marshall Newhouse. Garrett had three tackles for a loss on the day.
|LB||Joe Schobert||69||100%||8 tackles, 3 assists (11 combined).|
|LB||Mack Wilson||62||90%||3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined).|
|LB||Adarius Taylor||1||1%||No stats registered.|
- Mack Wilson still has a good read on where the ball is going in his pass coverage drops, but he’s just a hair off from coming down with them. It was a mixed bag day for Joe Schobert, who filled some gaps nicely but also lacked some finishes with his tackles.
|CB||Denzel Ward||68||99%||4 tackles, 1 assist (5 combined). 2 passes defended.|
|CB||Greedy Williams||67||97%||3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined).|
|CB||T.J. Carrie||7||10%||1 assist (1 combined).|
- This was a great return game for Denzel Ward, who just missed a first quarter interception in the end zone, but made up for it later by blocking a short field goal. He also had another pass defended and played 99% of the snaps.
- Greedy Williams was targeted a bit more by Tom Brady, with success. Williams had some tight coverage, but has to get his head around so he can have a shot at making a play on the ball.
- After relying on T.J. Carrie and Terrance Mitchell for the past several weeks, Mitchell saw no snaps on defense, and Carrie barely played either. Instead, it was the safeties who got more work as the nickelback.
|S||Morgan Burnett||69||100%||6 tackles, 2 assists (8 combined).|
|S||Jermaine Whitehead||68||99%||2 tackles, 3 assists (5 combined).|
|S||Eric Murray||50||72%||3 tackles, 1 assist (4 combined). 1 sack, 2 TFL, 1 QH.|
|S||Juston Burris||22||32%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
- Coming out of the bye, the Browns decided to return Morgan Burnett to his starting role, as he played every snap. Jermaine Whitehead started for the injured Damarious Randall.
- Eric Murray played the nickelback role and registered a sack and two tackles for a loss. Juston Burris saw some action again, playing a third of the game. He showed speed when he chased down James White on a long screen pass.