- Rashard Higgins: I’m here for a reason (beaconjournal.com) - Rashard “Hollywood” Higgins believes he’ll have more chances to walk the red carpet down the stretch. Higgins said Friday he expects to become the No. 3 wide receiver of the Browns in the aftermath of the organization cutting Antonio Callaway on Nov. 14.
- Olivier Vernon to miss third consecutive game with knee injury (Browns Zone) - End Olivier Vernon was ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins with a knee injury, leaving the Browns without three of their four starting defensive linemen.
- The multiple layers of Myles Garrett’s suspension and appeal (cleveland.com) - The NFL upheld Myles Garrett’s indefinite suspension on Thursday, a few hours after the news broke of Garrett, during his appeal, accusing Mason Rudolph of using a racial slur prior to the brawl ending in Garrett hitting Rudolph with his own helmet. The NFL said, after upholding the suspension, they looked into the accusation and found no evidence. No evidence doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It just means there’s no proof. Let’s go through all of this, layer-by-layer.
- Jarvis Landry believes Garrett’s suspension is too severe (CBS Sports) - One day after the NFL announced Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi’s suspensions were upheld, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Jarvis Landry questioned the appeals process of the NFL. Garrett’s suspension remained indefinite, which means he’ll be out for at least the rest of the season, while Ogunjobi’s suspension remained one game.
- Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi Drafted by XFL team (Bleacher Report) - Wide receiver Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi, who talked his way into a Cleveland Browns tryout earlier this year and earned a place on the team’s preseason roster, was selected Friday by the New York Guardians in the XFL supplemental draft ahead of the league’s 2020 debut season.
- Matthew Stafford ruled out for Sunday’s game (Detroit Free Press) - Matthew Stafford will miss his third straight game Sunday because of a back injury, but the Detroit Lions quarterback will travel with the team to Washington this weekend.
- Cowboys are not playing the Cowboy way on offense (ESPN) - Dissecting the Dallas Cowboys is America’s pastime, and at this point it feels a little silly. They are, after all, 6-4 and in first place in the NFC East. But something about this season’s version feels weird, right? Ezekiel Elliott doesn’t look dominant. Dak Prescott does, which is obviously helpful, but the defense is showing cracks, too.
- Explaining Tua Tagovailoa’s NFL draft insurance situation after hip injury (al.com) - After the immediate shock of Tua Tagovailoa’s hip injury wore off, questions about the Alabama’s quarterback were natural. Will he go pro or return to school? If he goes pro, how far will he drop in the NFL draft?