|DL||Sheldon Richardson||48||79%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|DL||Chad Thomas||47||77%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
|DL||Larry Ogunjobi||40||66%||2 tackles, 2 assists (4 combined). 1 TFL.|
|DL||Porter Gustin||38||62%||1 assist (1 combined).|
|DL||Bryan Cox Jr.||37||61%||1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined).|
|DL||Eli Ankou||18||30%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
|DL||Brandin Bryant||10||16%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
- It was not a good day for the entire Browns defense. Let’s start with the defensive line (although this applies to the entire defense too): no one had a single sack, or even a hit on the quarterback, all game. Keep in mind that heading into the game, Murray was being sacked about 4 times per game, and had been sacked 11 times in his previous 2 games.
|LB||Joe Schobert||61||100%||3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined).|
|LB||Mack Wilson||61||100%||6 tackles, 1 assist (7 combined). 1 INT, 1 pass defended.|
|LB||Sione Takitaki||4||7%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
- After a season of ups, this was a bad week for Joe Schobert to be “down.” He was completely lost against the run and didn’t finish a few tackles he could’ve had. Here’s what PFF said:
Joe Schobert had a rough game in run defense this afternoon. Though he didn’t miss any tackles, he was moved around at the second level and wasn’t consistently able to fill his gaps.
- After seeing his athletic interceptions in camp and the preseason, Mack Wilson finally got one on gameday. It was a big-time play, helping Cleveland close the deficit to 14-10 in the first half.
|CB||Greedy Williams||61||100%||7 tackles, 2 assists (9 combined).|
|CB||Denzel Ward||48||79%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
|CB||T.J. Carrie||27||44%||1 tackle, 1 assist (2 combined).|
|CB||Terrance Mitchell||9||15%||No stats registered.|
- Denzel Ward suffered an ankle injury during the game and left, but did come back. Based on the number of tackles, though, you can tell who was targeted for much of the afternoon — Ward finished with 1 tackle, while Greedy Williams had 9 tackles.
|S||Damarious Randall||61||100%||7 tackles, 1 assist (8 combined). 1 TFL.|
|S||Sheldrick Redwine||61||100%||5 tackles, 2 assists (7 combined).|
|S||Juston Burris||40||66%||3 tackles (3 combined). 1 TFL, 1 pass defended.|
- I thought Damarious Randall was around the ball a little better this week, and probably the most active I’ve seen him all season. That doesn’t mean it was a great day, though.
- Sheldrick Redwine will be remembered for his play against the Cardinals’ third-string tight end. Redwine was in good position to defend the pass, but then just seemed kind of loss on what to do. With the tight end jumping for the ball, Redwine definitely should have blasted him out of the end zone (why don’t more players do this?).