- 15 questions with Sheldon Richardson (clevelandbrowns.com) - Though he may not have anticipated it when he signed with the Browns in March, Sheldon Richardson has been the one constant on the defensive line. As such, the veteran defensive tackle has emerged as one of the group’s top leaders. That’s been necessary for a group that lost its best pass rusher (Myles Garrett), saw its other veteran end (Olivier Vernon) sidelined for nearly a month with a knee injury and has welcomed five new additions since the start of the season.
- Browns know their character will be tested vs. the Bengals (Beacon Journal) - Browns coach Freddie Kitchens isn’t in denial about Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals being a test of his team’s character.
- Mack Wilson sees some Auburn in Pittsburgh (al.com) - Cleveland rookie linebacker Mack Wilson got his first exposure on Sunday to the Browns’ rivalry with the Pittsburgh Steelers as a visiting player. The former Alabama standout found the atmosphere at Heinz Field familiar.
- Jamie Gillan’s father will lead the pregame flyover at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday (Browns Wire) - Pregame flyovers by military aircraft are always one of the highlights of NFL games. It’s part of what makes attending the contests special, something that just cannot be replicated at home. Sunday’s pregame flyover at FirstEnergy Stadium will be even more special for Browns rookie punter Jamie Gillan. His father, Colin, will be leading the flight over the pregame festivities.
- Eli Manning is ready for another chance (New York Times) - For the past 11 weeks, as rookie Daniel Jones has taken over the spotlight as the starting quarterback of the Giants, Eli Manning has been running the scout team at practice. As the backup quarterback, Manning played in the style of opposing quarterbacks to prepare the Giants defense for what they will face on game day. This week, Manning got to be himself again.
- Carolina’s Shaq Thompson signs four-year extension (panthers.com) - The Panthers are building for the future, and they secured an important foundational piece before the end of the 2019 season. Linebacker Shaq Thompson has signed a four-year extension, keeping him under contract through the 2023 season.
- Detroit Lions, Matt Patricia, Bob Quinn fined for injury report violation (Detroit Free Press) - Matthew Stafford’s back injury has cost the Detroit Lions on the field, and now it’s costing the team in the pocket book. The NFL fined the Lions $75,000 as an organization and handed down personal fines to head coach Matt Patricia ($25,000) and general manager Bob Quinn ($10,000) for violating the league’s injury report policy for failing to properly update Stafford’s game status prior to a Nov. 10 loss to the Chicago Bears.
- Belichick, Reid bring 474 wins to AFC showdown (NFL.com) - As the NFL’s 100th season’s most crucial contests begin to play out, two of the most successful coaches in league lore will match wits once again on Sunday. In those 100 seasons, only eight coaches have won more than 200 games and two of them will clash on Sunday when Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots host Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs.