- Freddie Kitchens was known for being tough (cleveland.com) - All sports goggles and rough edges before a growth spurt put some height on his size, seventh-grader Freddie Kitchens didn’t look like anyone’s quarterback. But he knew the eighth-grade quarterback at Etowah Middle School couldn’t throw a lick, and if he had to sit behind a guy like that, maybe football wasn’t for him. Thirty years later, Kitchens publicly thanked Gene Hill, his middle school football coach, for pulling him back from the edge, because everything about Kitchens as a coach started with Kitchens as a quarterback.
- Former Browns assistant joins LSU staff (nola.com) - LSU is adding Cleveland Browns offensive line assistant Mark Hutson to its staff as an analyst, FootballScoop.com reported Friday.
- A look at the Browns looming offseason (92.3 The Fan) - The 2019 offseason for the Cleveland Browns officially kicked off when the team signed troubled running back Kareem Hunt on Monday, but the biggest moves have yet to come.
- Marvin Lewis dishes on Freddie Kitchens, Baker Mayfield (DPD) - A former rival of the Cleveland Browns, Marvin Lewis, dishes on what made Baker Mayfield tough to defend and what Freddie Kitchens will face in 2019.
- Colin Kaepernick and NFL settle collusion case (New York Times) - The N.F.L. and Colin Kaepernick, the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback who ignited a protest movement against racism and police brutality by kneeling on the sideline during the playing of the national anthem at games, have settled a case that accused the league of colluding to keep him off a team.
- Arizona the favorite to land Antonio Brown (Forbes) - Sportsbook odds makers have already released betting odds on both where Antonio Brown will land at the start of the 2019 season and for what they will ultimately have to send the Steelers in exchange for his services. And while the Arizona Cardinals (+450) are the favored option, Pittsburgh (+500) could always decide to decline a trade and keep him on the roster.
- Which NFC East teams will spend big in free agency? (ESPN) - We’re going to finish this week with the NFC East, which seemed like a division no team wanted to take home before the Cowboys went on a five-game win streak in November. Dallas has a lot of work to do this offseason to keep its core, while the rest of the division has to deal with quarterback concerns.
- A look back at the firing of Bill Belichick (si.com) - We’ve arrived at the 24th anniversary of Bill Belichick’s separation from the Cleveland Browns, which takes place less than two weeks after he won his sixth Super Bowl title with the New England Patriots.