- Now is the time for Browns to spend wisely (Terry Pluto) - According to the terrific website Overthecap.com, the Browns have the third-most salary cap room in the NFL. Some fans see those numbers and want the team to dive deep into the dangerous free agent pool. It’s dangerous because teams that often try to build through free agency will crumble under the weight of heavy contracts for players being paid for what they DID, not what they can do in the future.
- Former Browns player tackles landscaping (ohio.com) - Darnell Sanders certainly knows his turf. As a former Ohio State Buckeye and Browns tight end, Sanders got up close and personal with a wide variety of stadium grasses. But since leaving the NFL some 15 years ago, the Warrensville Heights native has branched out. He is the driving force behind N.F.L. (Nature’s Finest Landscaping) Landscape, Design and Construction, based in Richfield.
- Devon Cajuste retiring to focus on healing crystals (TMZ) - Devon Cajuste -- the ex-Cleveland Browns tight end who became a fan favorite on “Hard Knocks” -- is retiring from pro football to focus on his true passion ... healing, spirituality and crystals. And, if you watched the show ... this really shouldn’t come as too big of a surprise.
- 5 potential free agent targets to watch in the Super Bowl (Browns Wire) - Looking for a reason to pay close attention to the Super Bowl LIII broadcast from a Browns perspective? Check out some of the impending free agents from the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots who could help the Cleveland Browns as potential roster additions for 2019.
- Gonzalez, Reed, Bailey lead 2019 Hall of Fame class (NFL.com) - First time was a charm for three position-defining legends on Saturday evening. In their first years on the ballot, Tony Gonzalez, Ed Reed and Champ Bailey will be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, this summer, joined by fellow enshrinees Ty Law, Kevin Mawae, Pat Bowlen, Gil Brandt and Johnny Robinson, as announced Saturday night at NFL Honors.
- Jared Goff is fifth Cal quarterback to start in a Super Bowl, tops from college ranks (LA Times) - Amid the game preparations and crush of off-field obligations of Super Bowl week, Rams quarterback Jared Goff did not lose sight of a significant piece of college football history.
- What got Rams star Todd Gurley out of Tarboro — and what brings him back, too (Charlotte Observer) - A couple of times at his podium sessions this week, Todd Gurley was asked about Tarboro, his hometown. A little “normal” poked its way into the mania, a little reminder of the community, and the people, he carries with him this week, and always. “Home is where the love is,” he said.
- Peyton Manning believes Adam Gase is a good fit for Sam Darnold (NFL.com) - In the eyes of many, the maturation of quarterback Sam Darnold was at the foundation of the Jets hiring Adam Gase to be their newest head coach. A lot of what lies behind that is the season produced by Peyton Manning on the Denver Broncos with Gase as his quarterbacks coach, with Manning’s production very much putting Gase on the map.