- NFL.com, PFF shower praise on Browns (clevelandbrowns.com) - The buzz around the Browns right now remains high, even as the activity slows. Need proof? Look no further than NFL.com’s army of scribes who are at a near consensus on the Browns.
- Odell Beckham Jr. has mixed feelings about trade to the Browns (Newsday) - The excitement coming out of Cleveland is palpable, with the ne’er-do-well Browns suddenly being transformed into one of the NFL’s most talked-about franchises – and all in a good way, for once. One person who is a bit more muted about things: Odell Beckham Jr., who helped generate so much buzz after last week’s trade from the Giants. In fact, Beckham is on mute – literally – as he tries to figure out just how to feel about one of the most consequential trades in Giants’ history. If not the most consequential.
- Baker Mayfield sends inspirational message to cancer survivor (cleveland.com) - Baker Mayfield sent an inspirational message Friday to three-time cancer survivor Josh Herron, whom he first met before the overtime victory over the Ravens Oct. 7, Mayfield’s first career victory as a starting QB.
- What if the Browns had started Baker Mayfield in Week 1? (DPD) - Former head coach Hue Jackson stubbornly refused to let Baker Mayfield compete for the Cleveland Browns starting job as a rookie. But what if he let him try?
- Jared Cook suggests he is close to signing with the Saints (nola.com) - For now, officially, top free agent tight end Jared Cook remains unsigned. But for how long? Several reports have emerged the last couple days pointing to a deal with the New Orleans Saints being imminent for the 31-year-old tight end, which a league source has confirmed. Add Cook himself to that list.
- Raiders sign QB Mike Glennon (Silver and Black Pride) - Among the cap casualties for the Raiders this offseason was backup quarterback AJ McCarron. He was released last week, saving the team around $5 million in cap money. The team seemed opened to bringing McCarron back at a lower salary, but he signed with Texans instead, leaving a hole at the backup QB spot. That spot was filled today with the signing of journeyman QB Mike Glennon.
- Why the Cardinals should select Kyler Murray at No. 1 (azcentral.com) - The 2019 NFL draft is just five weeks away and recent projections for the April 25th first round are still high on the Arizona Cardinals taking Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray with the first overall pick. Why? Check out what NFL pundits are saying about Murray’s fit with the Cardinals in their latest NFL mock drafts.
- Dez Bryant: I’ll be a steal wherever I go in free agency (NFL.com) - Remember Dez Bryant? The former Dallas Cowboys receiver and first-team All-Pro with a penchant for physical grabs in and around the end zone? Well, he’s still up for grabs. Last seen tearing his Achilles tendon during his second practice with the New Orleans Saints, Bryant is currently a free agent and has been lobbying on Twitter for teams to give him a shot.