- Parris Campbell’s 40 time captures attention at combine (cleveland.com) - In the previous 10 years of the NFL combine, 128 players posted 40 times of 4.39 or better. Of those 128 players, 53 were receivers. Of those 128 players, 40 weighed at least 200 pounds. Of those 128 players, 15 were receivers who weighed at least 200 pounds, all according to the combine database at pro-football-reference.com. Everyone knows Ohio State’s Parris Campbell is fast. Keep in mind that at his position, not many guys his size are this fast.
- One year ago, Baker Mayfield called his shot (clevelandbrowns.com) - There were no softballs. One year ago today, Baker Mayfield was hit with the question right away as he stepped behind the microphone at Podium 1 inside the Indiana Convention Center.
- Big-hearted ‘Big Freddie’ Kitchens tried to be a father to all (ohio.com) - Sharing his dad with an entire county may have been hard for Browns coach Freddie Kitchens to accept when he was growing up. After Kitchens left Etowah High School to play quarterback at the University of Alabama, he found out the generosity of Charles Fredrick “Big Freddie” Kitchens knew no geographical bounds.
- Ed Oliver wants to play with Myles Garrett (DPD) - The Cleveland Browns could be looking to draft a defensive tackle in the 2019 NFL Draft, and Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver believes he would fit well with Myles Garrett.
- Kyler Murray believed almost universally to be top pick (NFL.com) - Momentum is building toward a ground-shaking start to the draft. Despite drafting supposed franchise quarterback Josh Rosen early in the 2018 draft, the Arizona Cardinals have been linked to Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray at No. 1 for the last month for often speculative reasons. But NFL Network’s Kimberly Jones reported Saturday morning that there is a legitimate expectation around the league that Murray will go first overall to the Cardinals.
- Three teams have shown most interest in Antonio Brown (ESPN) - The three teams that have shown the most interest in wide receiver Antonio Brown to date are the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans, league sources told ESPN. Thus, the pursuit of Brown could develop into a battle between Grudens: Raiders coach Jon and Redskins coach Jay.
- What will Nick Foles get in free agency? (PFT) - The Eagles announced this week that they won’t be applying the franchise tag to quarterback Nick Foles. On the surface, it’s good news for Foles. At a deeper level, it means that Foles won’t be guaranteed nearly $25 million this year. So what will he get on the open market?
- Todd Gurley diagnosed with arthritic knee (si.com) - Rams running back Todd Gurley has arthritis in his knee, Jeff Howe of The Athletic reports. Gurley’s left knee is the same one that underwent an ACL repair in 2014.