- Greedy Williams a perfect John Dorsey-style pick (Terry Pluto) - The moment the Browns traded up to No. 47 in the second round of the NFL draft to pick LSU cornerback Greedy Williams, I thought ... Denzel Ward.
- 5 things to know about Greedy Williams (Democrat & Chronicle) - The Cleveland Browns selected LSU cornerback Greedy Williams No. 46 overall in the second round of the NFL Draft on Friday night. The Browns traded up to No. 46, sending No. 49 and No. 144 to the Indianapolis Colts. Here are five things you should know about Williams.
GM John Dorsey and HC Freddie Kitchens at the podium #BrownsDraft https://t.co/9YX4ZuZXcU— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) April 27, 2019
- Jarvis Landry skipped voluntary workouts this week (cleveland.com) - Like his friend Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry didn’t participate in Browns’ voluntary minicamp this week, league sources told cleveland.com.
- Joe Schobert is the most underpaid linebacker in the NFL (DPD) - Joe Schobert, star middle linebacker for the Cleveland Browns is the most underpaid linebacker in the NFL, and for that reason, it would make great sense to lock him up now with a significant pay raise and a contract extension. But if the Browns and Schobert’s agent cannot agree on his value, that might cause the team to look at alternatives.
- Tyreek Hill ranks among biggest draft busts of all-time (Boston Herald) - Every list of NFL draft busts brims with quarterbacks chosen in the first round: Rick Mirer, Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Vince Young, JaMarcus Russell, Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel. The misses never stop. But not all the worst picks in NFL history were taken on the first day. Sometimes they’re selected in the fifth round, even though the scouting reports scream to run in the other direction as fast as possible.
- Cardinals trade Josh Rosen to Miami for a second-round pick (Arizona Sports) - The Arizona Cardinals traded quarterback Josh Rosen to the Miami Dolphins for the 62nd selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- Steve Smith criticizes Josh Rosen after Kyle Murray trade (si.com) - NFL Network analyst and five-time Pro Bowler Steve Smith criticized Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen on Friday after the second-year quarterback unfollowed Arizona on all social media channels.
- Titans owner: Simmons deserves second chance (ESPN) - Tennessee Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk on Friday defended the team’s decision to draft defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons, calling him a “great man” who has learned from the 2016 assault case that has triggered some criticism of Tennessee’s first-round pick.
- Daniel Jones pick must work out for Dave Gettleman (NYDN) - There are mock drafts and then there is this Giants draft: the Mocked Draft. Not to dump on quarterback Daniel Jones, 21, the Giants’ No. 6 overall pick out of Duke. He is clearly a bright and well-intentioned young man who will work hard to validate his new team’s confidence. This pick, however, was a stunning reach, a jaw-dropping and seemingly desperate move by GM Dave Gettleman to get the Giants’ next franchise quarterback.