- Take it to the bank, Browns will draft an O-lineman (Canton Repository) - John Dorsey’s draft history across stints as a decision maker with three teams shows a penchant for taking at least one offensive lineman every year. Here’s some of what is on his menu for that course in this month’s draft.
- Garrett Gilbert’s best moments in the AAF (cleveland.com) - Garrett Gilbert is hoping to become an Alliance of American Football success story. The Browns signed the former Orlando Apollos quarterback on Friday, becoming his sixth NFL team.
- Baker Mayfield and Garrett Gilbert starred at the same high school (clevelandbrowns.com) - Garrett Gilbert’s football life has seen a healthy portion of different uniforms and leagues, but its latest turn will bring him across a familiar face.
- Nick Saban shares a lesson Bill Belichick taught him while coaching the Browns (boston.com) - Alabama football coach Nick Saban still remembers one of the reasons why former colleague Bill Belichick would reprimand him during their coaching tenure with the Cleveland Browns.
- Grading every aspect of the Jets new uniforms (si.com) - After months of anticipation and a late-breaking but unverified leak that stirred up a lot of reaction when it began circulating on Wednesday morning, New York Jets fans finally know what their team’s new uniforms will look like.
- The 11 quarterbacks who could get mega extensions in 2019 (ESPN) - Typically, we see about five to six quarterbacks sign multiyear extensions during a calendar year. This year is likely going to be an exception with as many as 11 quarterbacks who could be in line to sign multiyear deals in 2019. One or more of them will be record-setting extensions in one way or another.
- Cowboys, DeMarcus Lawrence agree to $105M deal (NFL.com) - The Dallas Cowboys and pass rusher DeMarcus Lawrence have agreed to terms on a five-year, $105 million extension with $65 million guaranteed, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Friday, per sources informed of the deal.
- Vikings CB Holton Hill suspended 4 games (Pioneer Press) - The Vikings will be without a key player in the secondary at the start of next season. The NFL announced Friday that cornerback Holton Hill will be suspended for the first four regular-season games for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.