- Keeping Duke Johnson through the rebuild (for now) (cleveland.com) - The Cleveland Browns are in a holding pattern with Duke Johnson, their underused but still dangerous four-year veteran, one of the very few meaningful players to make it through the 1-31 seasons of 2016 and 2017 and stick around.
- Morgan Burnett’s contract indicates a high level of commitment (Browns Wire) - Based on the details of Morgan Burnett’s contract with the Cleveland Browns, those of us who thought he was maybe competing for a job at safety need to recalibrate. The deal, as reported by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, indicate the Browns are counting on Burnett to play a big role.
- What’s next at safety after Morgan Burnett signing? (clevelandbrowns.com) - It certainly wouldn’t be out of the question for the Browns to add even more players at safety via free agency before the start of training camp.
- 2019 offseason opponent breakdown: Cleveland Browns (therams.com) - The Rams will head to Northeast Ohio for superstar-studded date with the Cleveland Browns as the AFC North’s perennial basement dweller continues its rise to relevance on the shores of Lake Erie.
- Which teams could surprise and take a QB in the draft? (si.com) - After the musical chairs of free agency ended, there are still many teams in need of quarterbacks—but not immediately. The Giants need to draft Eli Manning’s heir sooner rather than later. Tennessee and Tampa Bay both have quarterbacks on expiring deals. Miami, Washington (because Alex Smith’s future is uncertain) and Denver all have bridge quarterbacks, but are searching for a franchise quarterback. I polled several scouts and agents around the NFL to find out which teams they think may surprise draft a quarterback.
- Marcedes Lewis: ‘No question’ Travis Kelce is NFL’s best TE (NFL.com) - Whether it was Zach Ertz or George Kittle or Travis Kelce, statistical splendor at the tight end position was in abundance in the 2018 NFL season. But when it comes to who the best of the best is, that’s Kelce, minus any doubt, according to Packers tight end Marcedes Lewis, a 13-year NFL veteran and former Pro Bowler.
- Bengals waive RB Mark Walton after his third arrest (cincinnati.com) - The Cincinnati Bengals have parted ways with Mark Walton. The club waived the running back and fourth-round 2018 draft pick Saturday following news of his third arrest this year.
- Seahawks, Russell Wilson will try to work out a mega deal in 10 days (ESPN) - It’s anyone’s guess as to what will happen with the Seattle Seahawks and quarterback Russell Wilson. What was already going to be a complicated contract negotiation feels even more complicated after Wilson gave the team an April 15 deadline for a new contract. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter and other reports, Wilson intends to table negotiations if there’s no deal in place by that date, which is when the Seahawks’ offseason program begins.