On Friday, the Cleveland Browns confirmed the signings of the following 15 undrafted free agents:
- QB David Blough - Purdue - 6-0, 200 lbs.
- RB Darrin Hall - Pittsburgh - 6-0, 217 lbs.
- WR Dorian Baker - Kentucky - 6-3, 213 lbs.
- WR D.J. Montgomery - Austin Peay - 6-1, 201 lbs.
- TE Stephen Carlson - Princeton - 6-4, 240 lbs.
- OT Brian Fineanganofo - Idaho State - 6-6, 304 lbs.
- C Trevon Tate - Memphis - 6-3, 306 lbs.
- C Willie Wright - Tulsa - 6-3, 300 lbs.
- DE Wyatt Ray - Boston College - 6-3, 257 lbs.
- DE Jarrell Owens - Oklahoma State - 6-3, 262 lbs.
- LB Anthony Stubbs - Prairie View A&M - 6-0, 220 lbs.
- LB Dedrick Young II - Nebraska - 6-0, 233 lbs.
- CB Jermaine Ponder - Saint Francis (Pa.) - 6-1, 195 lbs.
- S J.T. Hassell - Florida Tech - 5-11, 200 lbs.
- P Jamie Gillan - Arkansas Pine-Bluff - 6-1, 207 lbs.
If you go back to our original undrafted free agent tracker immediately following the draft, we were able to track down that the team had signed 11 of the 15 signings. That was probably mostly accurate at the time; in recent days, the club has made a couple of moves to open roster spots. The players we didn’t have on our tracker at all were Stubbs, Tate, and Wright. Also, we originally had Montgomery down as just a tryout player. The only player we had down as “signed” but did not actually get signed was Utah State safety Aaron Wade.
The Browns also waived LB D’Juan Hines and DE Lenny Jones (injury settlement). Rookie minicamp begins today, May 3, and will run through Sunday, May 5.