- What the Browns hope to get in guard Kyle Kalis (cleveland.com) - The Browns’ offseason move for the talented duo of Odell Beckham and Olivier Vernon left one major hole: right guard. The departure of Kevin Zeitler, one of Pro Football Focus’ highest grading pass-blocking guards, hurt. But his role seemed like a one that could be filled by an eager young player.
- Adam Henry believes Beckham-Landry duo could be special (clevelandbrowns.com) - The March blockbuster trade that brought Odell Beckham Jr. and Olivier Vernon to Cleveland also reunited Beckham with his former LSU teammate Jarvis Landry. But there’s a third figure in their past who’s been in Cleveland even longer than either of the wideouts: their former position coach.
- Browns QB coach Ryan Lindley says Baker Mayfield putting stamp on offense will ‘be something scary to watch’ (ohio.com) - Baker Mayfield had to take ownership of the offense — and the Browns — on the fly last season. Quarterbacks coach Ryan Lindley has seen a “a ton” of growth from Mayfield this spring throughout OTAs, which wrapped up Friday with a team activity replacing practice during the 10th and final session.
- Browns’ QB coach Ryan Lindley hopes to talk Baker Mayfield, air raid offense with Lincoln Riley (OU Daily) - Cleveland Browns quarterbacks coach Ryan Lindley plans to travel to Norman, Oklahoma, sometime in the next few weeks to talk with Sooners’ head coach Lincoln Riley about Baker Mayfield and the air raid offense, Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reported on Friday.
- Gerald McCoy using weekend to make decision on team (NFL.com) - Gerald McCoy enters the weekend with choices as he looks to the future. The free-agent defensive tackle has visited with the Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens and Carolina Panthers and will use the coming days to make a decision, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. While a final determination is not imminent at the moment, McCoy could eventually join his chosen team in time for mandatory minicamp, Rapoport added.
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur suffered a torn achilles’ tendon playing basketball (si.com) - New Packers head coach Matt LaFleur suffered a torn Achilles’ tendon playing in a Knockout game on Wednesday night, NFL Network’s Mike Silver reported on Friday.
- Foles says wife encouraged him to return to Jags (ESPN) - Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Nick Foles said Friday that he would not have returned to the team so soon after his wife had a miscarriage had she not been OK with him attending organized team activities.
- Colts QB Chad Kelly suspended two games by the NFL (indystar.com) - If Chad Kelly makes the Colts’ 53-man roster, he is going to have to wait a couple of weeks before he’s eligible to practice or play. The NFL has suspended Kelly without pay for the first two games of the 2019 season, the league announced on Friday afternoon, for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.