- 3 things we learned from Building the Browns (Browns Wire) - Another episode of the Emmy Award-winning series, Building the Browns, dropped on Wednesday. Much like previous episodes, we gained new and interesting insights into the organization. While the Cleveland Browns will only show us what they want us to see, we still are able to glean a lot about the schemes, the personalities, and what we can expect the Browns to look like this fall.
- Odell Beckham Jr. speaks as if trade from Giants to Browns was his choice (Sporting News) - Considering the perceived trajectories of the Giants and Browns, there is no reason to dismiss Odell Beckham Jr. when the 26-year-old wide receiver suggests that, football-wise, he is in a better situation in Cleveland for 2019 than he would have been in New York.
- Odell Beckham Jr. can’t stop throwing jabs at the Giants (NY Post) - Odell Beckham Jr. is still throwing jabs at his former team. In a recent, wide-ranging interview with Complex UK, Beckham commented on his trade from the Giants to the Browns, speaking as though he was in control of the move.
- Alex Smith hopes to play in the NFL again (si.com) - Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith plans on playing in the NFL again after recovering from the compound fracture he suffered in November. In his first public comments since the injury, Smith told Fox 5 DC’s Angie Goff that he hasn’t abandoned hope of returning to the field, even though he knows it will be a long road to get there.
- 50 players who could get contract extensions before training camp (ESPN) - Here is a look at a few of the players who are in line to get big contract extensions before camp -- or at least before the regular season.
- Former Texans assistant coach Jim Bernhardt passes away (NFL.com) - Jim Bernhardt, a former Texans assistant coach, died Thursday. Bernhardt served as director of football research under head coach Bill O’Brien from 2014 through 2017. His duties included helping with game preparation and game management, among other things.