- Who is in the mix for the final DB roster spots? (clevelandbrowns.com) - The typical number is somewhere around six and is usually followed by the addition of four safeties to a 10-man defensive backs room. That can vary, of course, and will be dependent on how the coaching staff evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of the overall group.
- Baker Mayfield pays off his debt to Saquon Barkley (cleveland.com) - Baker Mayfield wasn’t yanking Saquon Barkley’s chain about that QUADS pendant for beating him out for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Mayfield paid off the bet in a huge way this week, with a diamond-encrusted “QUADS” pendant on a thick gold chain. The pendant is almost as big as Barkley’s massive quads themselves.
He’s a kicker now, but he’ll always be a ⚽️ player.— U.S. Soccer MNT (@USMNT) June 21, 2019
Nice to have the @Browns’ @greg_joseph1 out at training today! pic.twitter.com/BOmxopZeBR
- Greg Joseph joins USMNT training session (Browns Wire) - Greg Joseph is currently the placekicker for the Cleveland Browns, but before popping the pigskin he played another sport: soccer. Like a lot of kickers, soccer was part of the formative athletic years for Joseph. He got a chance to pal around with his old sport this week. The U.S. Men’s National Team (USMNT) held a practice session at the Browns training facility in advance of Sunday’s game at FirstEnergy Stadium against Trinidad.
- Matt Ryan: Falcons have ‘a great chance’ to return to Super Bowl (ESPN) - Matt Ryan maintains the same confident approach heading into every season. Going into 2019, however, he seems to have more swagger than usual regarding his team’s ability to contend for a title.
- Jeff Fisher wouldn’t want to be kicker for Nagy’s Bears (NFL.com) - It has been an arduous aftermath for the Bears in the wake of the “double doink” that ended Chicago’s 2018 season in the form of a bitter playoff loss to the Eagles. In light of running back Tarik Cohen revealing that coach Matt Nagy has the team watching replays of that bitter ending rather than leaving it in the rear view, former Titans and Rams coach -- and Bears player -- Jeff Fisher weighed in on Nagy’s choice to continue highlighting the heartbreak.
- Drew Brees awarded $6M in damages in diamond fraud lawsuit (si.com) - A jury has awarded more than $6 million to New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees in a lawsuit that claimed a San Diego County jeweler sold him over-priced diamonds.