- Phil Dawson reflects on “incredible bond” with Browns fans (Crain’s Cleveland) - One of the most beloved players from the last 20 seasons of Browns football is a kicker. That says quite a bit about the success, or lack thereof, from the Browns since they returned in 1999. It also says a lot about Phil Dawson.
- 24 reasons why Nick Chubb will shine (NFL.com) - Nick Chubb wears the No. 24 jersey. He turns 24 years old in 2019. With that tenuous connection established, here are 24 reasons why the sneaky-amazing Cleveland Browns running back should be getting more attention entering his second season
- Love him or hate him, Odell Beckham is the face of today’s NFL (Bleacher Report) - This week we saw the two remarkable sides of Odell Beckham Jr., and all I can say is I’m here for it. All of it.
- How Seth DeValve can keep his roster spot in 2019 (cleveland.com) - Fourth-year tight end Seth DeValve enters a pivotal season in his career. DeValve played 31 snaps in the backfield as a traditional fullback from Week 12 on, 26 snaps in the wing position, and five snaps in the slot. Freddie Kitchens moved DeValve all over the offense while calling plays. Let’s look at how the Browns would wise to model DeValve’s role.
- Cowboys’ Dak Prescott against taking hometown deal (NFL.com) - The Dallas Cowboys’ salary cap situation has been front-and-center this offseason, with Jerry Jones’ team hoarding a bevy of young talents that sits in line to be paid. The looming presumption has been that not all those players can get paid top-of-the-market deals. Some combination of team-friendly deals or letting a couple walk seems to be in the cards. Dak Prescott disagrees.
- NFL suspends Raiders’ Richie Incognito (Mercury News) - If Richie Incognito is to help the Raiders offensive line this season he’ll have to wait until Week 3 after Friday’s announcement the talented but troubled guard has been suspended for the first two games of the season for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.
- Jets’ Chris Herndon suspended four games (si.com) - New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2019 regular season for violating the NFL’s policy and program on substances of abuse, the league announced Friday.
- Former Seahawk draftee Malik McDowell suspended two games by NFL (The Seattle Times) - It’s unclear — if bordering on unlikely — whether former Seahawk draftee Malik McDowell will ever play football again. But if he were to try to play in 2019 he would have to sit out the first two games after having recently been suspended by the NFL.