- Browns have big expectations, but little playoff experience (Browns Zone) - When the playoff discussion concerning the Browns goes over the top — a common occurrence during the offseason — Freddie Kitchens has a method to try to rein it in. Kitchens, in his first time as a head coach at any level, reminds his players and the media just how little playoff experience his young, unproven roster has.
- Baker Mayfield’s ownership of offense is focal point (ohio.com) - A challenge has been issued, and you can bet Baker Mayfield will accept it throughout his first training camp as the starting quarterback of the Browns. With spring practices winding down in late May, new quarterbacks coach Ryan Lindley publicly declared Mayfield must put his stamp on the offense by speaking up and providing input about which plays should be run and how they should be executed.
- Browns newfound relevance will bring different challenges (WKYC) - The Cleveland Browns finally matter. Twenty years and 11 head coaches later. Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Terry Robiskie, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmur, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine, Hue Jackson, Gregg Williams, Freddie Kitchens. We count the interim head coaches here, too, for a couple reasons.
- How do you stop pass-rushers like Von Miller? Blockers gather, swap secrets (ESPN) - More than 40 offensive linemen were flanked in a horseshoe formation with their eyes plastered to the screen at the front of the room. They were all transfixed. The oversized group was watching clips of Denver Broncos pass-rusher Von Miller dominate offensive linemen across the league while Kansas City Chiefs right tackle Mitchell Schwartz provided a scouting report of his rival. Schwartz suddenly stopped mid-sentence and nonchalantly blurted, “Don’t watch that one.”
- Bucs, Devin White agree on deal (buccaneers.com) - On Saturday, the Buccaneers agreed to terms on a contract with rookie linebacker Devin White, their 2019 first-round draft pick. Like all first-round picks, White got a four-year deal with a team option for a fifth year. That agreement means the entire 2019 draft class – and therefore the entire 90-man roster – is now under contract. Players must have a signed contract in order to report for training camp; rookies are due to report on Sunday.
- Robert Nkemdiche one of six Cardinals put on PUP (NFL.com) - Robert Nkemdiche (knee) was one of six Cardinals who the team announced were placed on the active/physically unable to perform list (PUP) on Saturday.
- Study: Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is ‘not worth’ the money he wants (Dallas News) - According to a new study, a Le’Veon Bell or Melvin Gordon-like stunt from Ezekiel Elliott would be unwise. And Jerry Jones shouldn’t make Zeke the highest-paid ball carrier in the NFL.