- JC Tretter would love a contract extension to stay in Cleveland (Browns Zone) - Center JC Tretter has played two seasons with the Browns. He signed a three-year, $16.75 million contract in 2017. The Cornell graduate can do the math. He’s entering the final season of the deal, which is usually when extensions are discussed.
- Jarvis Landry once again has a new reality but his ultimate goal remains unchanged (clevelandbrowns.com) - Jarvis Landry looked across the huddle Thursday, and it finally hit him. More than four months had passed since the Browns swung a blockbuster trade to land All-Pro wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., and Landry, one of Beckham Jr.’s best friends, has been on Cloud 9 ever since. His new reality just didn’t come into complete focus until his first play in an 11-on-11 period at Cleveland’s first training camp practice.
- Damarious Randall says Browns in next Super Bowl isn’t far-fetched (ohio.com) - Damarious Randall doesn’t shake his head in disbelief over the astronomical expectations placed on the Browns this year. The starting free safety doesn’t even think it’s crazy to talk about the Browns extending their 2019 season all the way to the Super Bowl.
- Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi makes plays as battle for last receiver spots heats up (cleveland.com) - Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi ran across the middle during a team period on Friday at Browns training camp and put what should have been an easy catch on the ground. If it wasn’t a gimme, it was close. The very next play, Sheehy-Guiseppi ran a crisp route, turned and went up over the defensive back for a catch that was anything but a gimme. That’s the type of exclamation point on a good day for the longshot out of Phoenix College, immediately making up for a bad play with a really good play.
- Corey Coleman tears ACL in Giants debacle (NY Post) - The Giants suffered a shocking injury Thursday in their first training camp practice, as wide receiver Corey Coleman suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, a knee injury that will end his 2019 season before it begins.
- Lions signing Mike Daniels to one-year deal (Detroit Free Press) - The Detroit Lions have spent the past year building one of the best defensive lines in football, and they’re not done yet. The Lions agreed to a one-year deal Friday with free-agent defensive tackle Mike Daniels, who was released earlier this week by the Green Bay Packers.
- Cardinals’ Robert Nkemdiche ‘not in shape’ (arizonasports.com) - A lot has been said about Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche since his arrival to the desert. So far, it’s been less than ideal, giving his offseason woes and how he’s shown up for training camp — albeit coming off of an ACL tear in Week 14 last year.
- Rams extend contracts of coach Sean McVay and GM Les Snead through 2023 (LA Times) - After leading the Rams to two consecutive NFC West titles and a Super Bowl, coach Sean McVay received a contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2023 season, the team announced Friday. General manager Les Snead also received an extension through 2023.