- Mack Wilson’s strengths and weaknesses (WFNY) - The Browns went defensive heavy with their first four selections coming on the defensive side of the ball. The team’s fourth selection, No. 155 overall in the fifth round, was linebacker Mack Wilson of Alabama. Wilson was seen by many, including myself, as a player who slid down boards and could be a steal with how late he went and the skill set he possesses. So, what can the Browns expect from this Alabama linebacker? Well, let’s take a look at the film to diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of Mack Wilson’s game.
- Sione Takitaki excited about his Madden rating (247 Sports) - Cleveland Browns cornerback Greedy Williams was not happy with his Madden rating. He felt he was done an injustice. Fellow rookie, linebacker Sione Takitaki, was actually pleased with how the EA Sports’ video game portrayed him. Punter Britton Colquitt had the BYU product guess a few of his trait ratings and Takitaki was generally lower on himself than the game.
- Inner Circle pioneered drug, alcohol treatment (DPD) - The Cleveland Browns were one of the first teams to implement a plan to treat players for drug and alcohol addiction, creating a program known informally as the Inner Circle, though the path to 2019 has had some missteps along the way.
- The top 10 teams of the decade (NFL.com) - In a few weeks, we’ll forget all about the 2018 NFL season and think only about 2019. This makes sense. With only 16 chances for teams to meaningfully impact their fate, it would be silly to entertain thoughts about anything but the immediate present. But before we banish 2018 to the historical record, let’s take a July breather and look back even longer, all the way back to 2010, and consider the top 10 teams of this decade.
- The best NFL-themed beers (ESPN) - Football and beer -- what’s more uniting than that? Pairing a refreshing, easy-drinking beer and an intense, star-laden football game is something all of us -- OK, a great many of us -- can get behind. And so, on the day our nation celebrates its independence, we thought it would be fun to take a look at some of the best tribute beers throughout the NFL.
- Inside the lawsuit against the Sunday Night Football theme song (si.com) - From the first time it aired on Sunday Night Football last September, Carrie Underwood’s “Game On” has sparked conversation. Viewers have debated whether the song is an improvement or downgrade of Underwood’s “Oh, Sunday Night,” which played on SNF from 2014 to 2018 and which many viewers thought sounded much like Underwood and Miranda Lambert’s duet “Somethin’ Bad.”