- Antonio Callaway is John Dorsey’s issue (cleveland.com) - Remember, it’s that the Browns’ fourth-best receiver is suspended for four games and their second-best running back is suspended for eight games. Math can be hard. Two times eight and four times four both equal 16, and that’s how many regular-season games the playoff-bound Browns must navigate, which means that’s how many games John Dorsey must account for on his risk balance sheet.
- Colt McCoy weighs in on Baker Mayfield (ohio.com) - Young Baker came out smokin’. Watching last year’s No. 1 overall draft pick brought a complicated smile to the face of old Colt. Before boarding one of the four luxury buses chartered to take the Washington Redskins away after a 30-10 loss to the Browns on Thursday, Colt McCoy indulged a writer with observations about fellow Texan Baker Mayfield.
- Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi, who lied his way into a Browns tryout, scored a return touchdown in his NFL debut (Deadspin) - Late in Cleveland’s preseason win over Washington last night, rookie return specialist Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi fielded a punt and zipped mostly untouched, 86 yards, all the way to the opposite end zone. Despite the inherent meaninglessness of the game and the already gaudy scoreline, Sheehy-Guiseppi’s Browns teammates dogpiled him and celebrated like they’d just scored in a playoff game. Even Freddie Kitchens got excited!
- PFF ReFocused: Cleveland Browns 30, Washington Redskins 10 (PFF) - Cleveland Browns‘ Rashard Higgins and Garrett Gilbert both played at a high level in the team’s 30-10 win over the Washington Redskins on Thursday night. Washington safety Jeremy Reaves and wide receiver Darvin Kidsy had some highlight plays in the contest, but their efforts weren’t enough to help the team to a win.
- Antonio Brown-Raiders saga has reached new levels of crazy (SF Gate) - Antonio Brown has yet to play a single game for the Oakland Raiders, but has apparently created a career’s worth of drama in just a few months. The wide receiver hasn’t been practicing after suffering severe foot blistering that was reportedly caused by going into a cryotherapy machine without proper footwear, and the saga took another weird turn on Friday.
- Giants do not owe Eli Manning anything (NY Daily News) - Pat Shurmur has repeated the line several times over the last two days regarding his QB situation: “Nothing has changed.” What that means for the Giants these days, and over the last 14 years, is that Eli Manning will be under center in Week 1, without any real competition — even if Daniel Jones continues to play well in preseason.
- Andrew Luck still not comfortable with calf pain (ESPN) - The wait for Andrew Luck’s return to the practice field will extend for at least three more practices. Luck and Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich talked Friday morning, and it was determined that the quarterback still is not ready to return to practice thanks to his ongoing calf injury.
- Bills trade Eli Harold to Eagles for Ryan Bates (Yahoo Sports) - The Bills traded defensive end Eli Harold to the Eagles in exchange for offensive lineman Ryan Bates, the teams announced Friday.