Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 13 (8/10/19)
1. Get That Guy Out of Here! I’ve always wondered what would happen if Steelers fans visited a Browns training camp and wore a Pittsburgh jersey. Someone tried it on Saturday, wearing the jersey of WR JuJu Smith-Schuster. According to Daryl Ruiter of 92.3 the Fan, fans let him hear it; here’s a clip of him exiting the stands:
2. Joseph Perfect on Kicks: In another duel between the kickers, Greg Joseph came out on top, making all five of his kicks while rookie Austin Seibert missed from 47 yards out.
Austin Seibert 33✅, 40✅, 43✅, 47❌, 53✅— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 10, 2019
Greg Joseph 33✅, 40✅, 43✅, 47✅, 53✅ pic.twitter.com/9sVCsXD4nL
3. Kareem Hunt on 2nd Team: Although RB Kareem Hunt did some 7-on-7 work the other day, Saturday was the first day of camp in which he’s taken part in 11-on-11 drills. He was running with the second-team offense.
4. Red Zone Give and Take: In a red zone drill, with plenty of time to throw, QB Baker Mayfield found WR Jarvis Landry for a touchdown. The highlight for that play is below. On another red zone attempt, though, Mayfield was picked off by CB Terrance Mitchell. Chalk up another hot day for Mitchell.
5. Lob it Up to Njoku: In another red zone attempt, QB Baker Mayfield faced fourth down and lobbed it up to TE David Njoku, who went high for the touchdown among two defenders:
6. Kicking Under Pressure: One good thing is that the Browns’ kickers are getting better with delivering on their “game-winning field goal” kicks after a two-minute drill is run. K Greg Joseph went first and connected from 44 yards out, and then K Austin Seibert connected from 52 yards out to end practice. With Seibert’s attempt, there was 22 seconds on the clock and no timeouts, so the field goal unit ran the fire drill to get on and kick the field goal.
7. Plan for the Colts Game: Head coach Freddie Kitchens laid out the plan for practicing against the Colts, in terms of physicality:
#Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens said they'll be in pads, full contact but no live tackling v #Colts next week in Indy "We're not going there to practice in helmets....we'll save the tackling for the game"— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 10, 2019
8. Brownies: The starting right guard remained OL Eric Kush. ... Fans were extra vocal now for their support of WR Damon Sheehy-Guiseppi. ... WR Jaelen Strong had a couple of drops in the red zone. ... CB T.J. Carrie was out to injury, and S Eric Murray shifted over to play his slot corner role. ... QB Drew Stanton’s two-minute drill ended with an interception by LB Joe Schobert. ... TE Demetrius Harris returned to practice. ... A total of 112 puppies have been adopted at the Browns Puppy Pound at training camp this year.
9. Next Up: The Browns are off on Sunday, and then will have one Berea practice on Monday from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM before traveling to Indianapolis.