Two weeks into camp, the team is in a groove, but you always cross your fingers that players can avoid the injury bug.
Cleveland Browns Training Camp Report - Day 14 (8/12/19)
1. Notable Injuries: The Browns have escaped camp relatively clean in terms of injuries, through the first 13 days of camp. On the 14th day, we learned about a couple of more startling ones. DE Chad Thomas was immobilized and carted off near the end of practice. Fortunately, later in the day, it was reported that he only has a neck sprain.
The other injury relates to TE David Njoku, who did not practice on Monday as he deals with knee soreness.
2. Kicking Update: Early in practice, kickers Greg Joseph and Austin Seibert were put to the test again. This time, they each got six field goal attempts, although at shorter distances. Joseph was a percent 6-of-6. Seibert’s success rate is improving, but he still missed one to go 5-of-6.
Greg Joseph: 33✅, 37✅, 40✅, 28✅, 43✅, 46✅— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 12, 2019
Austin Seibert: 33✅, 37✅, 40✅, 28✅, 43❌, 46✅ #Browns
3. Myles vs. Baker: One of the fun highlights to see: the top players on offense and defense meeting up on a play. In this case, DE Myles Garrett was the victor over QB Baker Mayfield:
Myles just scared into a safety pic.twitter.com/aZ7dArSGyH— Daryl Ruiter (@RuiterWrongFAN) August 12, 2019
4. Hollywood Higgins: One of the top offensive highlights of practice came when QB Baker Mayfield dropped back and launched it to WR Rashard Higgns for a 50-yard touchdown.
5. Defensive Line Returns: The entire Browns’ front four was back at full strength today: DE Myles Garrett, DT Larry Ogunjobi, DT Sheldon Richardson, and DE Olivier Vernon all practiced, with Richardson and Vernon being the two returning players.
6. Brownies: LT Greg Robinson was briefly pulled from the first-team unit for OT Kendall Lamm, to check his right hand. ... OL Drew Forbes saw some action as the right guard on the second team. ... DT Devaroe Lawrence continues to receive solid reviews. ... The Browns did a goal line drill from the one-yard line. ... A total of 120 puppies have been adopted at the Browns Puppy Pound at training camp this year.
7. Next Up: The Browns will be traveling to Indianapolis on Tuesday, preparing to practice there against the Colts on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday’s practice is from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.