- 9 Browns who need a good game vs. the Colts (Browns Wire) - Today a big game for several Browns players. Some are trying to cement starting jobs. Others are trying to convince the Browns they belong on the practice squad after the final cuts. Here are nine of them to watch carefully in Saturday’s game in Indianapolis.
- Kareem Hunt believes the Browns’ offense will be just as explosive as the Chiefs’ (cleveland.com) - Kareem Hunt went from the most explosive offense in the NFL in Kansas City to one he believes can be just as dynamite in the Browns.
- 12 questions with Joel Bitonio (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns have talent in each direction Joel Bitonio looks when he lines up at left guard and prepares to block for what could be one of the top offensive attacks in the NFL this season. Bitonio, a six-year veteran, is one of the leaders of that offense, and he’s liked what he’s seen so far as the Browns continue their week in Indianapolis looking to inch closer toward making this season’s high offensive expectations a reality.
- Mack Wilson on top of the NFL for starters (al.com) - In the first outing of his NFL career, linebacker Mack Wilson intercepted two passes in the Cleveland Brown’s preseason opener last week. During Cleveland’s 30-10 victory over the Washington Redskins, the rookie from Alabama turned in the best performance of any player in the league in the first full week of the preseason schedule, as ranked by Pro Football Focus. So are the Browns ready to elevate the fifth-round draft choice into the starting lineup?
- Ravens lose defensive back Tavon Young for the season with neck injury (CBS Sports) - The Baltimore Ravens secondary took a significant hit on Thursday after head coach John Harbaugh announced that star nickelback Tavon Young is expected to miss the entire 2019 season due to a neck injury.
- Chargers Derwin James suffers stress fracture in foot (NFL.com) - Standout Chargers safety Derwin James, one of the brightest young defensive stars in the game, was not practicing Friday and had a boot on his right foot. The second-year safety was diagnosed with a stress fracture of the fifth metatarsal of his right foot and will continue to be evaluated, the team announced.
- Avery Williamson tears ACL with backups in preseason game (nj.com) - The Jets just made their first big coaching mistake of the Adam Gase era. And it’s a tremendously costly one, as inside linebacker Avery Williamson tore his ACL in Thursday night’s second preseason game, at the Falcons.
- NFL conditionally reinstates Patriots WR Josh Gordon (NFL.com) - Josh Gordon is back in the league again. The NFL is conditionally reinstating the New England Patriots wide receiver following his indefinite suspension, the league announced.