- With August coming to a boil, Kitchens holds offense’s feet to fire (ohio.com) - With the preseason coming to a boil, Freddie Kitchens sent a message to an attack that froze in Florida.
- Eric Kush gets first shot at right guard (cleveland.com) - Eric Kush moved a step closer to being named the Browns starting right guard for the opener against the Titans, but rookie kicker Austin Seibert hasn’t quite clinched his job yet.
- As real season nears, Browns must refocus after offensive clunker vs. Buccaneers (Browns Zone) - Coach Freddie Kitchens won’t say it because he’s striving for improvement and excellence from his team every day. But the offensive clunker Friday night in a 13-12 loss to Tampa Bay could be just what the Browns needed as they head into the most anticipated season in three decades.
- Freddie Kitchens calls Browns’ preseason offense vs. Bucs unacceptable (CBS Sports) - The hype surrounding the Cleveland Browns’ offense has just been tempered a bit.
- Colts Andrew Luck to retire from the NFL (ESPN) - Andrew Luck has informed the Indianapolis Colts that he is retiring from the NFL, a source told ESPN. There will be a news conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out, the source said.
- Lamar Miller exits preseason game on cart (ESPN) - Houston Texans starting running back Lamar Miller was taken off the field on a cart during the first quarter of the team’s preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday.
- Patriots TE Lance Kendricks suspended one game (NFL.com) - New England’s misfortune at the tight end position continued on Saturday. Patriots tight end Lance Kendricks was suspended for the first game of the 2019 season for violating the league’s policy on substances of abuse, the NFL announced.
- Cardinals’ quarterbacks keep getting called for false starts (PFT) - After Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray was called for two false starts in last week’s preseason game, coach Kliff Kingsbury said the team needed to “come to an understanding” about what constitutes a false start on the quarterback. Kingsbury’s team still doesn’t understand.
- Falcons sign kicker Blair Walsh (ajc.com) - The Falcons signed kicker Blair Walsh on Saturday to compete with Giorgio Tavecchio, who’s made only 4 of 8 field goals during the exhibition season.