The starters are not expected to play much, if at all, tonight, but there are still come roster positions up for grabs.
Here are some nuggets about the matchup, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
- Game Time/Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. EST
- Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland
- TV Channel: WEWS (Channel 5) - Jay Crawford, Tim Couch, John Doss (sideline reporter), Bernie Kosar and Dustin Fox (sideline analysts).
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM) with Jim Donovan, Doug Dieken, Nathan Zegura (sidelines)
- Weather: 78 degrees and sunny with no chance of rain
- Odds: Browns -4
- Over/under: 33.5
Local TV Stations Showing the Game
The following cities will get to watch the game live on local affiliates, per 506sports:
- WEWS (ABC/5 - Cleveland)
- WBNS (CBS/10 - Columbus)
- WTOL (CBS/11 - Toledo)
- WYTV (ABC/33 - Youngstown)
- WHIO (CBS/7 - Dayton)
- WJBK (FOX/2 - Detroit)
- WNEM (CBS/5 - Saginaw)
- WSYM (FOX/47 - Lansing)
- WXMI (FOX/17 - Grand Rapids)
- WFQX (FOX/32 - Traverse City MI)
- WUPW (FOX/36 - Toledo OH)
- WJMN (CBS/3 - Escanaba MI)
NFL Network Rebroadcast
The NFL Network will re-broadcast the Browns-Lions game on August 31 at 7:30 a.m. EST.
- The last time these teams faced off in the preseason came on August 30, 2018, with the Browns walking away with a 35-17 victory.
- Quarterback Baker Mayfield opened the game by hitting tight end Devon Cajuste with a 41-yard completion. Mayfield, in what was expected to be his final game action for a while, finished the night nine-of-16 for 138 yards while leading the Browns to 25 first-half points.
- Cajuste led the Browns in receiving with a pair of catches for 48 yards. Ten different players caught at least one pass for the Browns, but only three - Dontrell Hilliard, Damion Ratley and Derrick Willies - are currently on the Browns roster this year.
- Defensive end Nate Orchard returned an interception 64 yards for a touchdown just before halftime in his final game with the Browns.