- Odell Beckham Jr. says once he and Baker Mayfield get on the same page ‘it will be scary’ (cleveland.com) - Odell Beckham Jr. leaped and got his hand on a Baker Mayfield pass in the back of the end zone Friday, but Christian Kirksey broke it up. But Beckham promises that in a few weeks, when the star receiver and his new QB get their timing down, that’s six points almost every time.
- Ed Reed had big impact on Sheldrick Redwine (ohio.com) - heldrick Redwine smiles to think of it. The first day he will run onto the field in Cleveland’s football stadium coincides with Ed Reed’s big day in Canton.
- Phil Dawson celebrates storied career as he retires from NFL (clevelandbrowns.com) - Phil Dawson sat at the table inside the press conference room at the Browns headquarters in Berea, adjusted the water bottle next to him and smiled as he prepared to make it official. The former Browns kicker was announcing his retirement Friday after he signed a one-day deal with the Browns to finish a 20-year NFL career, but before Dawson could begin to thank the team, recall the memories and celebrate the journey, he needed to apologize.
- Mike Priefer: Jamie Gillan ‘getting better and better’ every day (Browns Wire) - Anyone who has been out to Berea for training camp has gotten a taste for Jamie Gillan. The Browns undrafted rookie punter from Scotland via Arkansas-Pine Bluff is easy to spot with his long hair and hulking calf muscles, and there is a distinct sound when his powerful foot contacts the ball.
- Raiders still waiting on Antonio Brown (nfl.com) - Jon Gruden -- and most likely the Raiders faithful -- are anxious to get the ball rolling at training camp. Unfortunately, while the belle of the ball made a grand entrance (via hot air balloon), he’s still yet to make an appearance.
- No garbage interceptions for Hall of Famer Johnny Robinson (ESPN) - Former Kansas City Chiefs safety Johnny Robinson is tied for 13th on the NFL’s all-time interception list, with 57 -- one reason he will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 3. But that statistic tells only part of his story. Robinson didn’t just have quantity when it came to interceptions, but quality.
- Jamie Collins thrilled by Bill Belichick’s praise (Boston Herald) - Another day of football practice under a hot sun behind him, Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins had enough energy left to give his smile muscles a workout.
- Lamar Jackson says he will run less in 2019 (ESPN) - Coach John Harbaugh recently said Lamar Jackson will run just as much as he did last season, but the Baltimore Ravens franchise quarterback believes otherwise. Jackson set the NFL single-season record in 2018 for rushing attempts by a quarterback with 147. He said on “The Rich Eisen Show” on Thursday that he doesn’t expect to carry the ball as much as during his rookie season.