- Freddie Kitchens leaves door open for Wyatt Teller to start at right guard (ohio.com) - Browns coach Freddie Kitchens isn’t using a permanent marker to write Eric Kush’s name on the depth chart. On Friday, Kitchens wouldn’t rule out recent trade acquisition Wyatt Teller bumping Kush out of the starting right guard role in time for the Sept. 8 regular-season opener against the Tennessee Titans at First Energy Stadium.
- Browns trade QB David Blough to Lions (mlive.com) - Oh, how things have changed for quarterback David Blough. Less than 24 hours ago, the undrafted rookie quarterback out of Purdue was preparing to face the Detroit Lions as a member of the Cleveland Browns. Blough went on to complete 11 of 17 passes for 115 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions in Cleveland’s 20-16 win. Hours later, the Browns and Lions have agreed to a trade that will send Blough to Detroit in exchange for a swap of seventh-round picks in 2022.
- Myles Garrett featured in ESPN’s Body Issue (cleveland.com) - Myles Garrett picked a fine time to knock 10 pounds off his chiseled frame. The Browns’ Pro Bowl defensive end is one of 21 athletes appearing naked in the 11th annual ESPN the Magazine “Body Issue’’ that will be on newsstands Sept. 6.
- Raiders sign center Rodney Hudson to extension (si.com) - Oakland Raiders center Rodney Hudson signed a three-year, $33.75 million contract extension with Oakland on Friday, according to the NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. Hudson will now become the highest-paid center in the NFL. He is signed in Oakland through 2022.
- Hall of Fame center Jim Langer passes away at 71 (Miami Herald) - Jim Langer, the first-ballot Hall of Famer and starting center on the Dolphins’ undefeated 1972 team, died Thursday. He was 71.
- Bills trade center Russell Bodine to Patriots (Buffalo News) - General Manager Brandon Beane said Thursday that a number of teams have been calling about the Buffalo Bills’ depth along the interior of the offensive line. That led to the trade of guard Wyatt Teller to the Cleveland Browns on Thursday. Now, according to a league source, the Bills have traded center Russell Bodine within the AFC East to the New England Patriots. ESPN was first to report the trade Friday.
- Jadeveon Clowney a case of want vs. worth (Houston Chronicle) - During his session with the media on Friday, Texans’ coach Bill O’Brien was asked eight questions about outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney and his reluctance to sign his franchise tender and risk being traded to Miami.