Tonight, the Browns are at home to take on the Redskins in their first preseason game of the year. Here are some nuggets about Thursday’s contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
- Game Time/Date: Thursday, August 7, 2019 at 7:30 PM ET
- Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
- TV Channel: WEWS (Channel 5) - Jay Crawford (play-by-play), Tim Couch (analyst), Dustin Fox (sideline), Bernie Kosar (sideline).
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
- Weather: 79 degrees (feels like 81). 15% chance of precipitation, 11 MPH wind from the Northwest.
- Odds: Redskins by 1 point.
- Over/under: 35.5
Local TV Stations Showing the Game
The following cities will get to watch the game live on local affiliates, per 506sports:
Browns - Jay Crawford, Tim Couch
WEWS (ABC/5 - Cleveland)
WBNS (CBS/10 - Columbus)
WTOL (CBS/11 - Toledo)
WYTV (ABC/33 - Youngstown)
WHIO (CBS/7 - Dayton)
Redskins - Kenny Albert, Joe Theismann
WRC (NBC/4 - Washington)
NBC Sports Washington
WBFF (FOX/45 - Baltimore)
WTKR (CBS/3 - Norfolk VA)
WRLH (FOX/35 - Richmond VA)
WSLS (NBC/10 - Roanoke VA)
NFL Network Rebroadcast
The NFL Network will re-broadcast the Browns-Redskins game on:
- Friday (Aug. 9) at 4 PM ET
- Sunday (Aug. 11) at 1 PM ET
- Monday (Aug. 12) at 8 PM ET
- Thursday (Aug. 15) at 4 AM ET
- Browns running back coach Stump Mitchell served as assistant head coach/running backs coach of the Washington Redskins from 2008-09. He was also the head coach (1996-98) and offensive coordinator (1995) at Morgan State University.
- Browns defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker held the Redskins secondary coach position from 2004-05.
- Redskins’ offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell served as the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks coach in 2015.
- Redskins’ defensive quality control coach Cannon Matthews served as a defensive coaching intern (2013) and assistant defensive backs coach (2016) of the Cleveland Browns.
- Redskins inside linebackers coach Rob Ryan spent two seasons (2009-10) as the defensive coordinator for the Browns.
- Redskins TE J.P. Holtz played two seasons (2016-17) for the Browns.
- Browns DT Trevon Coley and C Kyle Kalis played for Washington previously, while Redskins DT Caleb Brantley and QB Colt McCoy were both drafted by the Browns.
- Redskins CB Ashton Lampkin and QB Josh Woodrum also played for the Browns.
- The last time these teams faced off in the preseason was August 18, 2014, in Washington. The Redskins led 14-3 heading to the fourth quarter, but Cleveland quickly turned things around after QB Johnny Manziel threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to RB Dion Lewis, and then S Jim Leonhard had a 19-yard pick six, to give the Browns a 17-14 lead with 12 minutes to go in the game.
- Washington scored ten unanswered to take a 24-17 lead with two minutes to go in the game. On the final play of regulation, QB Connor Shaw rolled out and found TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi for a 45-yard touchdown pass to make it a 24-23 game. Cleveland went for two, but the conversion was no good.