- Game Time/Date: Thursday, August 7, 2019 at 7:30 PM ET
- Location: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
- TV Channel: WEWS (Channel 5) - Jay Crawford (play-by-play), Tim Couch (analyst), Dustin Fox (sideline), Bernie Kosar (sideline).
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)
- Weather: 79 degrees (feels like 81). 15% chance of precipitation, 11 MPH wind from the Northwest.
- Odds: Redskins by 1 point.
- Over/under: 35.5
Local TV Stations Showing the Game
The following cities will get to watch the game live on local affiliates, per 506sports:
Browns - Jay Crawford, Tim Couch
WEWS (ABC/5 - Cleveland)
WBNS (CBS/10 - Columbus)
WTOL (CBS/11 - Toledo)
WYTV (ABC/33 - Youngstown)
WHIO (CBS/7 - Dayton)
Redskins - Kenny Albert, Joe Theismann
WRC (NBC/4 - Washington)
NBC Sports Washington
WBFF (FOX/45 - Baltimore)
WTKR (CBS/3 - Norfolk VA)
WRLH (FOX/35 - Richmond VA)
WSLS (NBC/10 - Roanoke VA)
NFL Network Rebroadcast
The NFL Network will re-broadcast the Browns-Redskins game on:
- Friday (Aug. 9) at 4 PM ET
- Sunday (Aug. 11) at 1 PM ET
- Monday (Aug. 12) at 8 PM ET
- Thursday (Aug. 15) at 4 AM ET
- Browns running back coach Stump Mitchell served as assistant head coach/running backs coach of the Washington Redskins from 2008-09. He was also the head coach (1996-98) and offensive coordinator (1995) at Morgan State University.
- Browns defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker held the Redskins secondary coach position from 2004-05.
- Redskins’ offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell served as the Cleveland Browns quarterbacks coach in 2015.
- Redskins’ defensive quality control coach Cannon Matthews served as a defensive coaching intern (2013) and assistant defensive backs coach (2016) of the Cleveland Browns.
- Redskins inside linebackers coach Rob Ryan spent two seasons (2009-10) as the defensive coordinator for the Browns.
- Redskins TE J.P. Holtz played two seasons (2016-17) for the Browns.
- Browns DT Trevon Coley and C Kyle Kalis played for Washington previously, while Redskins DT Caleb Brantley and QB Colt McCoy were both drafted by the Browns.
- Redskins CB Ashton Lampkin and QB Josh Woodrum also played for the Browns.
- The last time these teams faced off in the preseason was August 18, 2014, in Washington. The Redskins led 14-3 heading to the fourth quarter, but Cleveland quickly turned things around after QB Johnny Manziel threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to RB Dion Lewis, and then S Jim Leonhard had a 19-yard pick six, to give the Browns a 17-14 lead with 12 minutes to go in the game.
- Washington scored ten unanswered to take a 24-17 lead with two minutes to go in the game. On the final play of regulation, QB Connor Shaw rolled out and found TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi for a 45-yard touchdown pass to make it a 24-23 game. Cleveland went for two, but the conversion was no good.