- Browns place tight end David Njoku on injured reserve (ESPN) - The Cleveland Browns placed tight end David Njoku on injured reserve with a wrist injury, the team announced Friday.
- Browns release uniform schedule for 2019 (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns have finalized their plans to wear their Primary Colors uniforms -- formerly known as Color Rush -- seven times in 2019, including once on the road.
- Clay Matthews cherishes locker room camaraderie, fan conversations at 7-Eleven (ohio.com) - Linebacker Clay Matthews Jr. spent 19 seasons in the NFL, his first 16 with the Browns, before retiring at age 40. He’s been a semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame three times and his only daughter Jennifer continues to vigorously campaign for his selection. He played in 278 games, ranking 21st in NFL history. But as he prepares to see his name unveiled in the Browns’ Ring of Honor Sunday night, the first non-Hall of Famer immortalized at FirstEnergy Stadium, Matthews struggles with the accolade.
- What is it like to play - and defend - the slot in the NFL? (cleveland.com) - There was a time when calling someone a slot receiver was a bad thing. It was synonymous with being a possession receiver, a limited wideout who wasn’t good enough for the glamour that came with playing outside the numbers.
- Antonio Brown released by the Patriots (New York Times) - Brown’s brief, rocky tenure with New England ended the same day that N.F.L. officials spoke with an artist who accused the star wide receiver of unwanted sexual advances.
- Antonio Brown Timeline: From a Summer With the Raiders to 11 Days With the Patriots (si.com) - Antonio Brown’s summer began in Oakland after being traded by Pittsburgh. After several issues with the Raiders, he was released and signed by New England. He played in one game for the Patriots amid the allegations against him before the team released him after just 11 days. New England’s decision came after it was revealed that Brown had sent intimidating and threatening text messages to one of his accusers.
- Antonio Brown reacts to release from the Patriots (CBS Sports) - The former Patriots receiver has been spending a lot of time on social media since being cut.
- Four potential trade fits for Jalen Ramsey (NFL.com) - What if Jalen Ramsey is indeed on his way out the door in Jacksonville? Here are a few teams with the right coaches and schemes to take on a talent like Ramsey and help him flourish.
- Cam Newton ruled out for Sunday’s game against Arizona (Charlotte Observer) - Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has officially been ruled out for the team’s game this weekend against Arizona, coach Ron Rivera said Friday. Kyle Allen, a second-year quarterback out of Houston who went undrafted, will start in Newton’s place.