- Browns hope their locker room informant provides an edge vs. the Rams (cleveland.com) - It wasn’t long after Taywan Taylor arrived in Berea on Aug. 31 that Browns defensive coordinator Steve Wilks pulled him aside. He wanted to talk with the team’s new wide receiver. It’s KhaDarel Hodge’s turn this week.
- Clay Matthews reminisces on Browns memories ahead of Ring of Honor induction (clevelandbrowns.com) - Before there was Clay Matthews III, his long, blond hair and his flex-filled sack celebrations, there was his father, Clay Matthews Jr. They’ll both be in Cleveland on Sunday night, and they’ll both have the spotlight trained on them at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Browns special teams coordinator on Rams kick returner JoJo Natson: ‘He’s terrifying’ (ohio.com) - Los Angeles Rams kick returner and wide receiver JoJo Natson played one season for the University of Akron in 2016, but he left his name in the record books. Now he plans to inflict that type of damage on the Browns under the lights in front of a national audience on “Sunday Night Football.”
- Browns’ lackluster offensive start begins with Baker Mayfield (ESPN) - When Cleveland traded for receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to pair with budding star quarterback Baker Mayfield, the expectations for the Browns exploded. And yet so far, Cleveland’s offense has yet to follow suit.
- Don’t read into Cardinals restructuring Chandler Jones’ contract (arizonasports.com) - Cardinals general manager Steve Keim might understand why Arizona fans were reading between the lines. Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Jaylen Ramsey is good. Speculation that he could be traded to the Cardinals makes for good talk radio.
- Taco Charlton may play against Cowboys (miamidolphins.com) - Head Coach Brian Flores is looking to get newcomer Taco Charlton into the mix as soon as possible, maybe even as early as Sunday.
- Earl Thomas plans on eliminating all the Chiefs’ big plays (PFT) - Safety Earl Thomas was destined to play in this Sunday’s game between the Ravens and the Chiefs, but it initially appeared he’d be on Kansas City’s side of the matchup.
- Vikings still trying to figure out Kirk Cousins (ESPN) - An otherwise nondescript Week 3 meeting with an out-of-conference opponent has become a hugely important test for Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins.