The Cleveland Browns’ regular season opener is at home against the Tennessee Titans. Here are some nuggets about the matchup, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.
- Game Time/Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. ET
- Location: First Energy Stadium; Cleveland, OH
- TV Channel: CBS - Jim Nantz (play-by-play) & Tony Romo (analyst).
- Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM) with Jim Donovan, Doug Dieken, Nathan Zegura (sidelines)
- Weather: 71 degrees (feels like 71 degrees) with a 0% chance or rain. 12 MPH winds from the North.
- Odds: Browns by 6
- Over/under: 45.5
The areas in RED will get to watch the game live, per 506sports:
Interesting Stats / Notes
- With a win, will be the Browns’ first win to open a season since 2004 and will be the team’s first win in a home opener since 2015.
- DE Myles Garrett: A sack will give him the most by a Brown in his first three seasons.
- Cleveland will be in their brown color rush uniforms.
- Recently-acquired Browns WR Taywan Taylor was a third-round pick for the Titans in 2017.
- New Browns G Justin McCray played for Titans in 2014.
- Titans RB Dion Lewis played for the Browns in 2013.
- Titans WR Darius Jennings played for the Browns in 2015.
- Titans offensive assistant Luke Steckel served as assistant to the head coach for the Browns from 2009-12.
- Titans OL coach Mike Sullivan was the assistant offensive line coach for the Browns in 2007-08 and OL coach in 2013.
- The game marks the second meeting between the Browns and Titans to begin a season as the Browns defeated the former Houston Oilers, 31-0, at home in 1971.
- The last time these two teams met was October 22, 2017, when the Titans topped the Browns 12-9 in overtime. It was a game of all field goals. The game was especially notable because it was the final game of LT Joe Thomas’ career and the end of his snap streak, as he had to leave the game due to injury.