- Advice for Jimmy Haslam & Josh McDaniels: Only ‘marry up’ if you believe it’s right (cleveland.com) - Two years ago, Josh McDaniels took a job to be the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. Then McDaniels backed out. That can’t happen here. And it can’t happen to McDaniels, either. But sides have to get this right.
- 5 things to know about Josh McDaniels (clevelandbrowns.com) -Throughout the Browns’ search for a new head coach, ClevelandBrowns.com will break down the candidates as they go through the interview process with the team. We continue with a look at Josh McDaniels, the current offensive coordinator of the New England Patriots.
- Browns conduct last scheduled interview of coaching search with Josh McDaniels (Beacon Journal) - Perhaps the third time will be the charm for Josh McDaniels. The Browns announced they interviewed the New England Patriots offensive coordinator for their head coaching vacancy Friday at team headquarters in Berea.
- Odell Beckham Jr. sends gifts to LSU players (WKYC) - The Cleveland Browns receiver sent headphones and an inspirational message to the LSU Tigers ahead of Monday’s National Championship Game in New Orleans.
- Why the 49ers took a risk and traded for Jimmy Garoppolo (ESPN) - Back in 2017, if somebody had told you Kirk Cousins would be playing in a Vikings-49ers NFL playoff game here in January 2020, you’d have assumed he was playing for the 49ers. But in late October of that season, the Niners traded a second-round draft pick to the Patriots for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who was going to hit free agency in 2018, setting in motion a chain of events that results in Cousins as the visiting quarterback Saturday and Garoppolo under center for the home team.
- Hamstrung by tear, Eagles’ Josh McCown played the second half against Seattle, but now needs surgery (Philadelphia Inquirer) - Josh McCown tore his left hamstring before halftime Sunday. The Eagles didn’t have any more quarterbacks active in their wild-card round playoff loss to Seattle, so McCown kept playing.
- Houston head coach Bill O’Brien apologizes for epic rant (TMZ) - Bill O’Brien just kicked off his Friday press conference by saying he was sorry for his epic rant ... telling reporters, “I used inappropriate language and I just want to apologize for that.”
- Vikings, Titans have planted (sixth) seed that they can succeed in NFL playoffs (LA Times) - A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single stomp. To that end, two NFL teams already have crunched some toes.