- Ex-Giants teammate defends Odell Beckham’s antics after LSU’s national title (nj.com) - Odell Beckham has at least one person in his corner back in New York. Victor Cruz, an ex-Giants teammate of his, told TMZ Sports he feels the wide receiver did nothing wrong throughout Monday night’s celebration at Mercedes-Benz Superdome, where his alma mater LSU won a National Championship.
- George Edwards, Vikings part ways; Cleveland Browns rumored next stop (Chatham News + Record) - Despite a great season for the Minnesota Vikings — which included an 11-7 record and a stunning playoff 26-20 overtime win at New Orleans — George Edwards will not be returning as the team’s defensive coordinator next season, ESPN.com’s Adam Schefter reported on Monday.
- Georgia hires Todd Monken as offensive coordinator (ESPN) - Georgia has added former Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken to the same position on its coaching staff. Monken, 53, spent only one season on former Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens’ staff, and new Cleveland coach Kevin Stefanski didn’t retain him.
- How the Browns helped ‘Inspire Change’ in youth football in 2019 (clevelandbrowns.com) - It was another busy year of field renovations, surprise visits and more as the Browns continued their commitment to assisting the development, safety and growth of youth and high school football throughout Northeast Ohio with year-round programming for players, coaches, officials and parents.
- Kevin Stefanski, Paul DePodesta, analytics, information and the rise of a Cleveland Browns Way (cleveland.com) - Information is power, Kevin Stefanski said Tuesday, and it’s there where the new coach of the Cleveland Browns should derive his authority and influence.
- The keys to the conference championship games (The Ringer) - Could the Titans actually make the Super Bowl? If they want to, they’ll have to figure out how to cover the fastest man on the field.
- Harbaugh: Ravens’ goal is to to re-sign Matthew Judon (NFL.com) - John Harbaugh wanted to be playing this weekend, facing questions from the Baltimore press about how his Ravens were planning to stop Patrick Mahomes. Instead, after last week’s loss to the Tennessee Titans in the Divisional Round, Harbaugh spoke to reporters Friday as part of his year-end press conference, responding to queries about how he is planning to stop his star players from leaving in free agency, chief among them pass rusher Matthew Judon.
- 30 trades that shaped the NFL season (ESPN) - Trades were some of the biggest stories in the NFL over the past year, but the deals that got the greatest attention mostly ended up being disappointing. Nobody could have expected Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown to get traded within a matter of days in March. Even fewer would have believed just how inconsequential those two star wideouts would be to the football season that followed.
- How Derrick Henry and the Titans Ran Away From the Rest of the NFL (si.com) - It’s an offense that can be traced back to Ickey Woods more than 30 years ago. The basic philosophy: Run away from the mass of defenders. Now, behind Derrick Henry and first-year coordinator Arthur Smith, it has the Titans on the doorstep of the Super Bowl.