- Why the Browns are different this time: Kevin Stefanski’s leadership (cleveland.com) - By the end of last season, Jarvis Landry was yelling at coaches on the sideline, and some of the assistants couldn’t wait for it to end so they could put the most exasperating year of their careers behind them.
- Myles Garrett unleashed as Browns find new ways to use their ‘flamethrower’ (Beacon Journal) - Browns defensive coordinator Joe Woods came up with a new word this week to describe Myles Garrett and it was one that gave Garrett pause. In discussing the Pro Bowl defensive end’s game-changing plays this season, Woods referred to his star as “one of those flamethrowers.”
- Sheldon Richardson sacking the QB, motivating Myles Garrett and missing the fans in team’s fast start (Browns Zone) - Washington quarterback Dwayne Haskins had barely hit the ground when Browns defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson started begging.
- Browns D-line will tap into its depth with Larry Ogunjobi sidelined (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns defensive line will be missing one of its top playmakers when it takes the field Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium. Defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was ruled out from the Week 5 matchup against the Indianapolis Colts with an abdomen injury suffered last Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Penalties authorized if coaches, others without mask talk to officials (ESPN) - NFL officials have been authorized to penalize teams for unsportsmanlike conduct if a coach or someone else on the sideline approaches them while not wearing appropriate face coverings, according to a memo sent to teams Friday.
- Anthony Castonzo, Darius Leonard Ruled Out Sunday Against The Browns (colts.com) -Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich said Friday that left tackle Anthony Castonzo and linebacker Darius Leonard have been ruled out of Sunday’s Week 5 matchup against the Cleveland Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Op-Ed: The NFL is ready for its first openly out active player (NFL.com) - My name is Troy Vincent. I am a husband, a father and a grandfather. A brother, an uncle and a nephew. A Black man and a Christian. My pronouns are he, his, him. I identify as straight and cisgender. Have we created an environment of allyship and support across the NFL — and all professional sports for that matter — to give people the space to be who they need to be?
- Sam Darnold in danger of getting the Josh Rosen treatment (NY Post) - When the Jets play Sunday at MetLife Stadium, they may be looking at a template example of their future in their opponent, the 2-2 Cardinals. For the past three years, the Jets have believed they have their franchise quarterback. Three seasons in, however, the results have not been what they hoped since Sam Darnold was drafted with the third-overall pick in 2018.