- How Wyatt Teller has elevated his game for a big start to his 2020 season (clevelandbrowns.com) - Wyatt Teller loves to end a play with a pancake. He’s not talking about the kind that comes from “IHOP,” his nickname as an offensive lineman at Virginia Tech, or the kind that’s made with baking mix, which one college fan brought for him at each Hokies home game. Teller, the Browns’ 315-pound starting right guard, enjoys a big breakfast, but he’s hungry for a different kind of meal when he squats at the line of scrimmage for his next snap.
- Special teams value vaults KhaDarel Hodge ahead of Rashard Higgins (Beacon Journal) - Judging by the praise of his position coach Friday, Browns receiver Rashard Higgins is not in the coaches’ doghouse. A healthy scratch in Sunday’s home victory over Washington, fan favorite Higgins has been supplanted by KhaDarel Hodge, who seems to have a firm grip on the third receiver spot.
- Baker Mayfield, Browns’ passing attack looking for more (ESPN) - The first time Baker Mayfield played in AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, he won a Texas state championship as quarterback of Lake Travis High School. The third time he played there, he won a Big 12 title with Oklahoma. Mayfield returns to Jerry’s World, where friends and family will be waiting, along with a few fond memories on Sunday.
- Myles Garrett: ‘We have to see where we are and who we are’ (cleveland.com) - Myles Garrett acknowledged that going back home to face America’s Team in the house that Jerry built is a great litmus test for the 2-1 Browns.
- Why? How? The Bears, Trubisky and the fateful 2017 NFL Draft (Bleacher Report) - Three quarterbacks. Two are franchise foundations. The other, in Chicago, just got benched. The 2017 draft was a case study in one of the sport’s most confounding puzzles: How to pick the right QB.
- Motivated Cam Newton calls joining Patriots a ‘business trip’ (ESPN) - Quarterback Cam Newton has a large chip on each of his large shoulders this season, the result of an 86-day wait in NFL free agency in which he wondered if he would be playing for anyone in 2020. That led him to the New England Patriots on what he described this week as a “business trip” — one in which he said he wakes up each morning angry because his children aren’t with him. The urgency is palpable for him.
- Postponed Steelers-Titans game rescheduled for Week 7 (NFL.com) - The NFL released an updated schedule involving three teams following a COVID-19 outbreak within the Tennessee Titans. The game between the Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers (originally scheduled for Sunday) has been rescheduled for Week 7 at 1 p.m. ET on Oct. 25, the league announced.
- The Best Time for the Jets to Fire Adam Gase Has Been Every Day Since He Was Hired (The Ringer) - The bad and embarrassing coach with the bad and embarrassing track record has the Jets off to another bad and embarrassing start. Who could’ve seen this coming?