- Browns place only Chris Hubbard on the COVID-19 reserve list as they dodge multiple other ‘high-risk contacts’ sitting vs. Texans (cleveland.com) - The Browns dodged another widespread COVID-19 scare on Friday as only offensive lineman Chris Hubbard was placed on the covid reserve list heading into Sunday’s game against the 2-6 Texans.
- Nick Chubb ‘hit all the benchmarks,’ looks on track to face Texans (Beacon Journal) - Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said Pro Bowl running back Nick Chubb “hit all the benchmarks” as he tries to return for Sunday’s home game against the Houston Texans, but Chubb was not activated off injured reserve on Friday.
- Browns follow protocols, get back on practice field after player’s positive COVID-19 test (clevelandbrowns.com) - The Browns were met with urgent news Friday morning in Berea before they began their normal preparations for Week 10. The team needed to shut down their facility and rearrange their normal practice schedule Friday after a player’s COVID-19 test result came back positive. The Browns, who were already using the NFL’s intensive protocol procedures since Saturday due to a positive test result with a team staffer, continued to hold virtual meetings throughout the day and waited to re-open their facility until the league could verify any close contacts with the player who tested positive.
- Browns top 15 players by PFF grade after 8 games (Browns Wire) - Since it’s the halfway point of the 2020 NFL season, it’s a good time to check in on how the Cleveland Browns. Coming out of the bye with a 5-3 record, Cleveland is off to its best start in years and appears building towards the team’s first postseason berth in well over a decade.
- Paul Hornung, Midcentury Football’s ‘Golden Boy’, Is Dead at 84 (New York Times) - Paul Hornung, one of the most versatile and glamorous football stars of the modern game, the “Golden Boy” quarterback from Notre Dame who won championships as a running back with Vince Lombardi’s Green Bay Packers but whose image was tarnished by gambling and carousing, died on Friday in Louisville, Ky. He was 84.
- Bears’ Matt Nagy hands over playcalling duties to OC Bill Lazor (ESPN) - Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy announced Friday that he turned over offensive playcalling duties to coordinator Bill Lazor ahead of Monday night’s NFC North game versus the Minnesota Vikings.
- Dolphins on edge of being playoff contender (Sun Sentinel) - If the Miami Dolphins win a fifth straight game Sunday and improve to 6-3, especially if the script involves a second strong performance from the rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, the Dolphins will be crowned the surprise of the NFL season and labeled a legitimate playoff contender.
- Week 10 injury report for Sunday’s slate of NFL action (NFL.com) - Week 10 of the 2020 NFL season is upon us. Here is the official injury report and game day designations for all 12 games on Sunday.