- Browns to face dynamic Texans quarterback (The Beacon Journal) - It’s just another week in the NFL where everyone is good. Not everyone, however, is Deshaun Watson good. The Houston Texans quarterback who will lead his team into FirstEnergy Stadium Sunday is delivering an impressive year personally even if his team is struggling for wins at 2-6. The Browns would take Watson and the Texans for granted at their own peril.
- Browns can control the football and 3 other things to watch against the Texans (cleveland.com) - The Browns, in normal conditions, would be favored to beat the Texans on Sunday. The way they do it, however, might be impacted by the weather on Sunday and the blueprint could come from the Browns’ loss to Las Vegas two weeks ago.
- Browns activate Nick Chubb off injured reserve (ESPN) - Nick Chubb is officially back. The Cleveland Browns activated the Pro Bowl running back off injured reserve Saturday, clearing the way for his return Sunday against the Houston Texans.
- 6 questions for Wyatt Teller, who is ready to pick up where he left off (clevelandbrowns.com) - Consider the past month one of the longest of Wyatt Teller’s playing career. The powerful right guard missed three games because of a calf injury and waited another week as the Browns went through their bye. Now, he’s poised to make his return as Cleveland hosts the Houston Texans on Sunday at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- How the LA Chargers have stayed the NFL’s unluckiest team (The Guardian) - In this, a year of sadness and chaos, it’s nice to have the Chargers to anchor our sense of normality too. Something that you can look at and exhale. Everything will be alright; things can go on as normal. The Chargers, as ever, are finding a way to Charger the game away.
- The NFL Is Changing Faster Than Win Probability Models Can Understand (The Ringer) - This season, more teams (especially the Falcons) are suffering big comeback losses than ever before. That’s because everything about NFL offenses has changed in 2020.
- Bills’ Josh Norman tests positive for Covid; three other players added to reserve list (buffalonews.com) - The Buffalo Bills’ coaches will have to scramble to make defensive secondary adjustments for Sunday’s game in Arizona due to the fact defensive backs Josh Norman, Levi Wallace and Dean Marlowe all were declared out Saturday.
- Vikings release right guard Pat Elflein (startribune.com) - Three years after trading up in the third round to select Pat Elflein as their center of the future, the Vikings finally said good-bye to the player who disappointed them at all three interior line positions.