- Callie Brownson to become first woman to work as position coach in NFL history on Sunday (Yahoo Sports) - The Cleveland Browns are giving Callie Brownson a bigger role for Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Brownson will take on tight end coach Drew Petzing’s game day responsibilities after Petzing’s wife gave birth Saturday. As a result, Petzing will miss the game against the Jaguars.
- Kevin Johnson confident in himself (Beacon Journal) - As Kevin Johnson enjoyed Thanksgiving with his parents who visited from out of town, the Browns cornerback reflected on what he has endured this year.
- Olivier Vernon’s hot streak and 3 other things to watch in Browns vs. Jaguars (cleveland.com) - Olivier Vernon didn’t have a sack through the season’s first seven weeks. The veteran defensive end missed two games and wasn’t getting home as often as the Browns needed him. Now? He has five sacks in the last three games.
- 8 questions with Olivier Vernon, who is looking to build off his best game of 2020 (clevelandbrowns.com) - It’ll be hard to top what Olivier Vernon did last week against the Eagles, but he’s certainly going to try. The veteran pass rusher is looking to build off the three-sack performance that earned him AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors. And he’ll be doing so in his second consecutive game without Myles Garrett on the opposite side of the field.
- Broncos QBs ruled ineligible vs. New Orleans Saints (ESPN) - All of the quarterbacks on the Denver Broncos’ roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts in COVID-19 tracing, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Saturday.
- Lions fire coach Matt Patricia, general manager Bob Quinn (Detroit Free Press) - The Detroit Lions put an end to the Quinn-tricia era Saturday, firing general manager Bob Quinn and head coach Matt Patricia two days after their team’s 41-25 Thanksgiving loss to the Houston Texans.
- 49ers may need to find a new stadium for December home games as Santa Clara County halts all sports (CBS Sports) - The San Francisco 49ers will now need to search for a new home venue after Santa Clara Country, where Levi’s Stadium resides, issues new COVID-19 regulations that include the temporary ban on all high school, collegiate, and professional sports.
- Ravens down 30 players due to injuries, COVID-19 right now (Ravens Wire) - The Baltimore Ravens have been absolutely ravaged by injuries and COVID-19 this season. It’s caused the Ravens’ schedule to be adjusted several times, both for their own outbreak and for the Tennessee Titans’ outbreak. But with another six players going on the Reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday, it’s gotten to a ridiculous level that has to be seen in a different way to be believed.