- Mack Wilson makes memories, builds bond among Browns linebackers with weekly T-shirts (Beacon Journal) - Mack Wilson is focused on making memories with his fellow Browns linebackers during what he believes could be a special season. So Wilson took matters into his own hands.
- Browns at the Bye: Reflections on the 1st half, expectations for the 2nd, midseason awards and more (clevelandbrowns.com) - Eight weeks up, one week of rest and eight more to go. That’s where the Browns find themselves as they head into a weekend of much-needed rest. At 5-3, the Browns in a good spot but have plenty of work left to do if they want to accomplish all of their goals for the 2020 season.
- Browns dodged an expensive bullet with Jadeveon Clowney (Browns Wire) - Jadeveon Clowney was the apple of many eyes in this past NFL offseason. One of those eyes belonged to the Cleveland Browns and GM Andrew Berry, who reportedly offered Clowney a hefty sum to play defensive end for Cleveland on two separate occasions in 2020. Thankfully, Berry and the Browns didn’t ultimately bite the apple.
- What about Odell Beckham’s future? Baker Mayfield’s present? (Terry Pluto) - Browns GM Andrew Berry had his midseason Zoom press conference Wednesday as his team has a 5-3 record. He was careful not to say much that would make a headline. Also, it’s midseason. Berry is the NFL’s youngest GM at 33, but he’s been around long enough to know a lot can change over the next eight games.
- Jets players alert NFLPA about hidden locker room cameras at team facility (New York Daily News) - Jets players are looking for help to put an end to a disturbing workplace that has included hidden cameras in the locker room for more than a decade. The Daily News has learned that Jets players and their representatives alerted the NFL Players Association in recent weeks about what appeared to be surveillance equipment hidden in smoke detectors in the Jets locker room.
- Ravens elevate Dez Bryant to active roster (NFL.com) - A week after watching his new team from the stands, Dez Bryant will join the Ravens on the field Sunday. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that Baltimore elevated the veteran receiver from the practice squad, indicating that Bryant, 32, will suit up against the Colts in Week 9.
- Giants benching WR Golden Tate (nj.com) - Joe Judge is putting his foot down. The Giants took a train to Landover, Md., on Saturday afternoon, and wide receiver Golden Tate did not join them. The veteran wideout will not play in the Giants game against the Washington Football Team on Sunday at FedEx Field.
- Cowboys’ revolving door at QB underscores the value of a Dak Prescott in the NFL (dallasnews.com) - The revolving door at quarterback for the Cowboys this season is fueled by health. It’s been nearly a month since starter Dak Prescott suffered a season-ending ankle injury propelling the Cowboys into their current downward spiral with this three-game losing streak. The loss of Prescott is just another example of what stability at the quarterback position means to an NFL team. And what Prescott truly means to the Dallas Cowboys franchise.