|DL||Olivier Vernon||69||100%||3 tackles, 2 assists (5 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 2 QH.|
|DL||Myles Garrett||58||84%||2 tackles, 2 assists (4 combined). 1 sack, 1 TFL, 2 QH, 1 pass defended.|
|DL||Larry Ogunjobi||44||64%||2 tackles, 2 assists (4 combined).|
|DL||Sheldon Richardson||63||91%||3 tackles, 7 assists (10 combined). 2 blocked FGs.|
|DL||Adrian Clayborn||18||26%||1 QH.|
|DL||Jordan Elliott||12||17%||2 assists (2 combined).|
|DL||Vincent Taylor||10||14%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
|DL||Porter Gustin||5||7%||2 tackles, 1 assist (3 combined).|
- Myles Garrett tried his darndest to be a game-changer in this one. He had an early sack that ended a drive, and he got enough pressure on Sam Darnold on the Jets’ final scoring drive to give Cleveland’s offense one more shot to try tying it. The big play that Garrett should have had was the forced fumble that would’ve been a scoop-and-score touchdown by Malcolm Smith. However, the officials blew the play dead and called it a forward pass. Stunningly, even after looking at replay review, the officials let the ruling on the field stand. What the heck! That could have been a game-changing play — it could’ve made it a 13-10 game, and who knows, maybe Cleveland re-gains the momentum the rest of the way.
- Olivier Vernon had a great game again, and Sheldon Richardson came up big with 10 tackles and 2 blocked field goals — one on an extra point, and one on a regular field goal. Vernon was the Browns’ highest-graded defender by PFF with a grade of 88.0.
|LB||Malcolm Smith||67||97%||3 tackles, 6 assists (9 combined).|
|LB||Sione Takitaki||50||72%||3 tackles, 4 assists (7 combined).|
|LB||Mack Wilson||32||46%||1 tackle, 4 assists (5 combined).|
|LB||Elijah Lee||3||4%||No stats registered.|
|LB||Tae Davis||2||3%||No stats registered.|
- With B.J. Goodson out, the Browns utilized Malcolm Smith as an everydown linebacker. Sione Takitaki also played a much higher percentage of the game than he typically would.
|CB||Denzel Ward||69||100%||2 tackles (2 combined). 2 passes defended.|
|CB||Terrance Mitchell||69||100%||2 tackles (2 combined). 1 passes defended.|
|CB||Kevin Johnson||47||68%||1 tackle (1 combined).|
- Denzel Ward had two pass breakups, but after the game, he tried taking responsibility for some of the Browns’ blown coverages against the Jets.
|S||Karl Joseph||69||100%||2 tackles, 3 assists (5 combined).|
|S||Andrew Sendejo||60||87%||3 tackles (3 combined). 1 pass defended.|
|S||Sheldrick Redwine||12||17%||2 tackles (2 combined).|
- Ohhhh, boy. After Karl Joseph had his best game of the season last week, I think he had his worst game this week. Dammit, if only Ronnie Harrison would’ve been available to return this week. Hopefully Harrison can play next week.
- Andrew Sendejo had a good game in his return, almost making an interception and also making a nice open field third down tackle.