- 10 questions with Jack Conklin, who loves that his 1st game against his old team is a big one (clevelandbrowns.com) - Jack Conklin heads back to a familiar place Sunday when the Browns take on his old team, the Tennessee Titans.
- Browns have come long way since disastrous last meeting with Titans (Browns Zone) - Expectations quickly turned to embarrassment. Promise to pain. Hype to horror. The Titans effectively ruined what was supposed to be a thrilling 2019 Browns season in the opener. The Browns face the Titans again Sunday, this time in Nashville and with both teams 8-3 and holding AFC playoff spots. “It’s night and day,” quarterback Baker Mayfield said.
- Adrian Clayborn sees promise in Myles Garrett’s return (The Beacon Journal) - Adrian Clayborn is bullish on the return of Myles Garrett and the collective mindset of the Browns as they push for their first playoff berth since 2002. And the veteran free-agent pickup who won a Super Bowl with the 2018 New England Patriots happens to be the Browns’ top in-house expert on defensive ends and deep postseason runs.
- Myles Garrett’s pursuit of the Defensive Player of the Year award set to restart vs. Titans (cleveland.com) - Myles Garrett can get back to pursuing the Defensive Player of the Year award on Sunday against the Titans. Garrett missed the last two Browns games after landing on the reserve/COVID-19 list, but was back at practice this week.
- Titans suspend rookie Isaiah Wilson for violating club rules (CBS Sports) - Isaiah Wilson’s disappointing rookie season with the Tennessee Titans appears to be coming to an end. The Titans announced Wilson was suspended by the team for violating club rules, one week after the first-round pick made his NFL debut. Wilson has played just three offensive snaps this year in a rookie season known more for what he did off the field than on it.
- How will Seahawks’ backfield shake out with Chris Carson, Carlos Hyde back? (ESPN) - The Seattle Seahawks plan to continue to run the ball more than they did early in the season. That much is evident from their past two games — and from what coach Pete Carroll has said after those contests. Less clear is what the distribution of playing time and touches will look like between starter Chris Carson, No. 2 Carlos Hyde and, eventually, Rashaad Penny.
- Former Raiders LB Vontaze Burfict arrested in Nevada (Las Vegas Review-Journal) - Former Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict was arrested Saturday morning in Nevada on a misdemeanor battery charge, Clark County court records show. Burfict was held on $1,000 bond, according to records, with a court case set for Monday.
- Matthew Stafford To Patriots? Relationship With Matt Patricia Matters (nesn.com) - The New England Patriots have one quarterback under contract for the 2021 season. But the simple fact remains that Cam Newton will be a free agent after the season. And until he’s actually on the Patriots’ books for next season (which is no guarantee), then potential replacements must be discussed.