- Memorial service planned for Swagger (Fox 8) - Cleveland Browns mascot Swagger will be remembered at a memorial service next week.
- Joe Schobert expects GM Andrew Berry to talk to his agent about contract situation (Beacon Journal) - Joe Schobert’s chances of re-signing with the Browns have seemingly improved since Andrew Berry became the franchise’s general manager late last month.
- Former Browns offensive coordinator Todd Haley resurfaces as high school assistant coach (Herald Tribune) - Todd Haley, who has a home in the Sarasota area, was the Kansas City Chiefs head coach from 2009-2011, briefly the Browns offensive coordinator and worked for the Bears, Cowboys and Steelers.
- NFL must stop Myles Garrett from making racism claims against Mason Rudolph (triblive.com) - After Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett was reinstated by the NFL this week, he reiterated his claim that Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur. There is zero proof to suggest he is telling the truth. And worse for Rudolph, he can’t prove a negative.
- Washington to release Josh Norman after 4 seasons (NFL.com) - Josh Norman will not be part of Ron Rivera’s new regime in Washington after all. The Redskins announced they have released the veteran cornerback after four seasons.
- Broncos, Rams cutting scouting combine attendance (ESPN) - In what could portend the wave of the future, the Denver Broncos are not sending their assistant coaches to the scouting combine in Indianapolis this year, while the Los Angeles Rams are not sending their offensive and defensive coordinators.
- Offensive lineman James Hurst suspended four games (baltimoreravens.com) - Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 season. Hurst violated the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, the NFL announced Friday afternoon.
- Detroit TV station doubles down on its Matthew Stafford trade talk report (PFT) - On Thursday, Local 4 dropped a deuce on the Detroit Lions’ offseason by reporting that the team is engaged in trade talks regarding quarterback Matthew Stafford. On Friday, Local 4 doubled down.