- Browns hiring Jason Tarver to coach linebackers (Beacon Journal) - Defensive coordinator Joe Woods will bring one of his old bosses to the Browns. The team his hiring Jason Tarver as its new linebackers coach, a person familiar with the move told the Beacon Journal on Saturday.
- Browns to hire former Broncos QB coach T.C. McCartney as offensive assistant (cleveland.com) - Kevin Stefanski has hired former Broncos quarterback coach T.C. McCartney as an offensive assistant, a league source told cleveland.com. McCartney was an offensive quality control coach for the Browns in 2014 under Kyle Shanahan.
- Olivier Vernon a potential salary cap cut? (Bleacher Report) - While the Cleveland Browns aren’t in a bad situation—they’re projected to have nearly $49 million in cap space—edge-rusher Olivier Vernon could still be a casualty.
- Coaches who will reshape the NFC East in 2020 (ESPN) - The fallout led to the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants and Washington Redskins hiring new head coaches. The Philadelphia Eagles shook up their staff (beginning with offensive coordinator) even after winning the division. There was coaching carnage between the end of the regular season and Super Bowl LIV. By the time the 2020 season rolls around, fans will need a program to recognize some of the faces on the NFC East sidelines.
- 49ers INT celebration ‘helped’ Chiefs rally (NFL.com) - Tarvarius Moore’s interception early in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl seemed at the time to serve as further preamble for a 49ers championship victory. Instead, it was really the last highlight for the 49ers ahead of a what has quickly become a legendary Chiefs comeback.
- Patriots to make unexpected push for Tom Brady? (NESN) - Are the New England Patriots willing to go above and beyond to make sure Tom Brady never plays for another NFL franchise?