- Browns eyeing Iowa tackle Tristan Wirfs, who’s driven to reward hard-working mom (Beacon Journal) - Tristan Wirfs learned about work ethic while growing up in a single-parent household in small-town Mount Vernon, Iowa. His mother, Sarah, began working at Target when she was 16. She’s been there for 28 years, filling a variety of roles to provide for her son and daughter Kaylia. Life wasn’t easy, but Sarah’s sacrifices left an impression on Tristan and drove the University of Iowa offensive tackle throughout his journey to the doorstep of the NFL.
- What about Browns messages to Baker Mayfield? (Terry Pluto) - Think back a year ago. Baker Mayfield was coming off a powerhouse season where the Cleveland Browns QB set an NFL rookie record for TD passes. Freddie Kitchens was named head coach, primarily because of his success calling plays for Mayfield. Digging deeper, that was the problem.
- Marcus Mariota Gaining Momentum as Browns Free Agent Target (heavy.com) - The Cleveland Browns are in the market for a veteran backup for quarterback Baker Mayfield and a former No. 2 pick is gaining momentum to land the spot. Unrestricted free agent and former Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota has been mentioned as a name the Browns could target to bring in a veteran presence in the Cleveland QB room.
- Browns could be trade partners for Eagles (94 WIP) - Philadelphia Eagles general manager Howie Roseman didn’t hide this week at the NFL Combine that he wants to be aggressive in both free agency and the NFL Draft. He is looking for elite players that can help this team for years to come, not the stop-gap options he has signed the last two off-seasons. As a result, Roseman is primed for a move up the draft board. One team to keep an eye on as a possible trade up partner for the Eagles? The Cleveland Browns.
- CB James Bradberry seeks deal worth $15M or more per year (ESPN) - Free agents are ready to reset the NFL’s cornerback market. Carolina Panthers cornerback James Bradberry, one of the top cover corners on the market, is aiming for $15 million or more per year on a new deal, according to sources, with the Washington Redskins among teams widely expected to be interested.
- Five Thoughts on Tony Romo’s Record-Breaking CBS Deal (The Ringer) - The announcing contract, which will pay Romo about $17 million annually, affects the NFL rights bidding war, the sports media landscape, and more.
- Draft prospect Laviska Shenault to undergo core surgery (NFL.com) - One of this year’s top receiving prospects is going under the knife ahead of the draft. Former Colorado receiver Laviska Shenault will undergo surgery Tuesday to repair a core muscle injury that he played through this season, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Saturday. Dr. William Meyers from Philadelphia is expected to perform the procedure, Rapoport added.