- She’s the Cleveland Browns backer, a club of one, we’re all protecting in these difficult days (cleveland.com) - They remodeled the activities room at Kathy Dykin’s home last fall. The good news is that the redecoration was done in orange and brown, and Kathy is hoping to get a former Cleveland Brown to swing by and sign the wall. The bad news is that the group room was off-limits during football season, which means that her Browns Backers Club had to meet in her room. That was fine, because she’s the only member.
- What kind of free-agent period will this be for the Cleveland Browns? (Terry Pluto) - Remember when the 2018 free-agent period opened, and the Browns kept making trades. It was trade... After trade... After trade.... After trade...
- Free agency could be full of options at cornerback (clevelandbrowns.com) - The new league year is just around the corner, and the Browns’ roster could have a bit of a different look to it by this time next month. We’re continuing this weekend with a look at the cornerbacks, where Cleveland has some young, talented players but also plenty of room for more reliable depth.
- The one free agent the Browns can’t afford to lose (Bleacher Report) - New head coach Kevin Stefanski figures to use running backs heavily. The Browns’ combination of Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt could be something special if the Browns are willing to match any offers that might be thrown Hunt’s way.
- Ex-stars say cash isn’t always king in NFL free agency (ESPN) - Here’s a look at different perspectives from three prominent former players as they were about to hit free agency for the first time: linebacker Bart Scott, running back Fred Taylor — both were Pro Bowlers — and defensive lineman Ziggy Hood — the Pittsburgh Steelers’ first-round pick in 2009.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame to close temporarily (profoothallhof.com) - As a public health precaution to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Museum will be closed to the public effective Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27. The health and safety of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s visitors, as well as staff and volunteers, is a top priority.
- Washington using franchise tag to keep Brandon Scherff (NFL.com) - The Washington Redskins haven’t gotten a long-term deal done with Brandon Scherff, but they’re making sure he doesn’t walk for greener pastures. The Redskins franchise tagged Scherff on Saturday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation. The team quickly confirmed the tag with a release. The tag placed on Scherff is the non-exclusive tag, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported.
- 5 XFL players who could land on their feet in the NFL (CBS Sports) - One interesting development to come from the premature ending of the XFL season is its players being released from their contracts earlier than anticipated. Here are five players we think did enough to earn a spot on an NFL team over the first (and only) five weeks of the XFL season.