- Mike Vrabel may regret Jack Conklin’s escape to Cleveland (ohio.com) - Jack Conklin’s dad was so desperate to get him a scholarship that he sent a Big Ten coach a water skiing video. Jack soon proved the college football world was all wet, and now he’s a key man in Cleveland.
- What exactly are the Browns doing in free agency? (Terry Pluto) - The Cleveland Browns signed three free agents to contracts worth $102 million. After that, their signings dropped to the bargain-basement level. That’s how the front office planned it. Target a few players who will be around for a few years with their big money. After that, be very careful with the cash.
- The biggest mistake the Browns can correct in the draft (Bleacher Report) - The Cleveland Browns are trying to build a young, competitive team capable of bucking the franchise’s losing ways. Someone should tell general manager Andrew Berry that letting a 26-year-old Pro Bowl linebacker walk did not serve that goal.
- Raiders agree to terms with Nelson Agholor (Las Vegas Journal Review) - The Raiders agreed to terms with four free agents on Saturday: wide receiver Nelson Agholor, running back Rod Smith, offensive guard Eric Kush and tight end Nick O’Leary.
- Jameis Winston says goodbye to the Bucs (Tampa Bay Times) - Jameis Winston said goodbye to the Bucs. But he plans on being back to play in Super Bowl 55 at Raymond James Stadium in February. He lost his job. He hasn’t lost his confidence.
- Philip Rivers considered retiring before signing with Colts (ESPN) - Quarterback Philip Rivers talked for the first time about retiring after it become official that his time with the Los Angeles Chargers was ending earlier this offseason. But Rivers, after discussing it with his family, believed he could continue to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. The 38-year-old signed his one-year, $25 million contract with the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday.
- As they keep waiting on Jadeveon Clowney, Seahawks consider a new free-agent pass rusher (The News Tribune) - The Seahawks’ chances to sign a star free-agent edge rusher just went up. Maybe to sign two of them, even.